Does the international Galaxy S4 eight-core have LTE capability as well?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So when can we expect Mfg's to start offering multi-band LTE like they do for GSM on phones. Do we have to wait for the EU to catch up on LTE first?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OctaCore will NOT support LTE, that's the way of things... I'm still not sure if I'll get the 4G version (LTE coverage in my town is VERY scarce, not to mention the rest of my country) or if I'll get the international, unlocked, 3G one...

I'm also concerned about app compatibility... Qualcomm seems to get more support from devs than Exynos sometimes...

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI in case you don't know. The octa core only uses 4 cores at a time. It's just a power saving feature by having 4 additional slower cores to switch to. I'm not sure how it ranks in terms of battery life compared to the qualcomm.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It does, but it seems that Samsung turned off the LTE bands that are not supposed to be in use. I mean a software update could and they SHOULD turn them on, what's the point in having a fully capable LTE chipset if you are not going to use it.

This is correct. People that buy to get LTE will not get LTE. It does not function with LTE.