Spigen Neo Hybrid (Infinity White) Case Review

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon and I'm a prime member. It originally said shipping in 5-6 days, then Amazon said expected delivery May 15th, but sure enough it came in 2 days.

I'm confused... SGP Store says white ships in 3-5 days, amazon is saying to doesn't ship until the 15th yet people are getting their orders from amazon. Just luck of the draw or are they putting amazon orders on the back burner?

jwn66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty impressed, was originally gonna go with the white neo, but went white slim armour. Amazon as well, not shipping till 10th :confused:

And what do you guys think, screen protector or not? I'm leaning toward not?

Also got the s view for when I go out, slim armour case for when around the house lol.

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
US mail just delivered mine in Red. I just put it on and had not noticed the charging port issue. I will just shave down my cables with a knife to fit. Like it so far. I bought a Speck Candy Shell the first day and it fits good but is very slick and will not stay put on the center console of my truck. I think this Neo Hybrid will stay put.

Received my red today.

The Samsung USB cable fits fine. I had another one laying around and that one fit fine also!

The only one that didn't fit is the Samsung dock that I ordered. Damn it!

Needless to say I won't be keeping the Neo-Hybrid for that reason.

Instead I'll stick with the S-View cover. It fits the dock well.

Am going to eBay the Neo-Hybrid. Listed as SPIGEN Neo Hybrid Dante Red case for Samsung Galaxy S4

John

Attachments

• nh2.jpeg
    nh2.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 124
  • nh3.JPG
    nh3.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 125
  • nh4.JPG
    nh4.JPG
    321.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon and I'm a prime member. It originally said shipping in 5-6 days, then Amazon said expected delivery May 15th, but sure enough it came in 2 days.

Fair enough. I'm a prime member as well. It said out of stock when I placed mine so we'll see when it ships.

They haven't even sent me the email saying when they expect it yet so I'm not holding my breath.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Received my red today.

The Samsung USB cable fits fine. I had another one laying around and that one fit fine also!

Am going to eBay the Neo-Hybrid.

John

Wait the Samsung universal dock made by them doesn't work? That's pretty ****. I ordered mine a few days ago and was hoping this would be compatible. Dammit.

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Statusnone,

That is correct. The Neo-Hybrid will not work with the Universal dock.

The naked S4, the S-View and the $10.00 Spigen case are fine.

John

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ordered mine in red Wed. May1 from Amazon, says it ships May 15...got confirmation email.
Love the idea of the 2 piece design with no added bulk and like the look! Not worried about the dock since I'm planning on going wireless charging instead!

Cheers

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So I bit the bullet and bought the Spigen neo hybrid case sight unseen from Amazon Prime (love my free shipping). I was looking for a case that didn't add that much bulk to my phone, provided some protection, and still kept a good look for the device. In the past, I have always preferred to use my phone naked, but something about the size of the S4 screamed "put a case on it". I have the White Frost S4. I received the case in two days and it was very well packaged. The case is in two parts, the protective rubber back and then the white outter ring/sealer.

The fit, design, and feel of the case is amazing! It does everything I was hoping it did and looks better than I thought it would. I'm really glad that I went with the white on white configuration! I didn't and doubt I will use the "jellybean" home button covers, but they are nice to have with the case.

Onto my one and only gripe....the cutout for the charging port at the bottom. It's cut to only accept the Samsung micro USB charger (the one with the rather flat had). This is an issue for me, because I have chargers all around me in my living/working situation (two in the bedroom, 2 in the living room, 1 in the kitchen, 1 at work, 1 in the car) and only 1 of them is Samsung. Therefore, I would have to take the case off to charge with the others. VERY ANNOYING.

Other than that, great case. See the pictures and let me know if you have any questions.

Could you measure the open space available for the USB cable in millimeters? From your picture it looks about 3 mm of space in either direction from the socket before hitting the case.

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The red looks very sharp! If I would have gone with a black S4, it would have been easy to use different colors with, but I was ready for a white phone. Either way, I like it a lot! Good look.

Received my red today.

Am going to eBay the Neo-Hybrid. Listed as SPIGEN Neo Hybrid Dante Red case for Samsung Galaxy S4

John

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
ordered mine in red Wed. May1 from Amazon, says it ships May 15...got confirmation email.
Love the idea of the 2 piece design with no added bulk and like the look! Not worried about the dock since I'm planning on going wireless charging instead!

Cheers

I didn't think you could use an accessory case and still use wireless charging.

John

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I measured the opening on mine:
11.9mm x 6.0mm

John

Thanks. I'll need to pull out the Dremel tool and grind off 1 mm from the width (6.0) side. I ordered the Silver Satin Neo Hybrid case ... still waiting for it to arrive. AND for Verizon to offer my future 32Gb GS4. :D

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'll need to pull out the Dremel tool and grind off 1 mm from the width (6.0) side. I ordered the Silver Satin Neo Hybrid case ... still waiting for it to arrive. AND for Verizon to offer my future 32Gb GS4. :D

As I showed in my pics above, no issues with any of the USB cables I tried.

John

pventur1

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving the look of this case, but was curious on how much bulk it adds. Can someone provide a picture of the phone side by side the case? I would like to see the thickness of the case compared to the phone.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
check out the Amazon page for the Neo, it has several pics there and if I remember right it has some of the phone and case.

Cheers

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
We already posted pictures. You should start little looking or read topics.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Dammit. I just got my Samsung universal dock. My girlfriend and I can't sleep without the lightning bug thunderstorm app playing and this dock makes it so easy to pop it in and play through the speaker system we have set up. I might have to cancel my order (again) for this case because I doubt I want to be taking it off every night. Really wanted this to work with the dock too. =\

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Since the Neo Hybrid only seems able to accept the Samsung micro USB charger (the one with the rather flat head) is there anyplace we can buy this OEM cable?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy