bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Nova Launcher Prime.

Not really into Rooting, etc. I just want a clean Home Screen and Gestures.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

iamchanel

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded Go Launcher. Is that a bad one compared to NOVA? I have no clue about anything other than Jailbreaking iphones for the past 5 years. I'm a newbie.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
what's the difference between Nova and Nova prime?

$4.00!!!!! :p

Nova Launcher Prime unlocks the following features in Nova Launcher:

Drawer Groups:
Folders in App Drawer

Unlimited custom tabs
Organize apps into tabs and folders in the app drawer

Gestures
Quickly start Nova Actions or Apps from gestures on the desktop, such as pinching, swiping or two-finger swiping.

Hide Apps
Keep a clutter free drawer by hiding never used apps.

Dock Swipes
Get more use out of your dock apps by setting swipe-actions

Unread Counts
Never miss an email. Unread count badges for SMS, Missed calls and Gmail. Counts show in the dock, desktop, drawer and folders.

More Scroll Effects

You need to install the free version of Nova Launcher https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&token=5pwu3Deu to use Nova Launcher Prime

Last edited:

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded Go Launcher. Is that a bad one compared to NOVA? I have no clue about anything other than Jailbreaking iphones for the past 5 years. I'm a newbie.

We forgive you:D and no its not bad at all. I believe nova just let's u do a few more things

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S4

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Samsung TouchWiz

Samsung TouchWiz more productive vs Nova Prime 1.1 vs Spb Shell 3D 1.6.3 vs Next Launcher 3D 1.2.9? Say it ain't so Bunky?!?

I have been running tests the past several weeks on Samsung native and these three third party launchers. The test are being run only on Samsung Note and Note2 devises for power business users with a corporate MS Exchange Server for email, calendar, contacts and todo functions.

Note: We recognize Nova Prime, Spb Shell 3D and Next Launcher 3D as being far more advanced for high-end graphics, themes, colors both wallpaper and icons, etc. and the limitation of TouchWiz only having seven Home Screen Panels available even though you can have up to 25 icons and/or direct web links on a Home Screen Panel.

Criteria: This analysis is done giving the highest score metrics for:
- simple easy to recognize graphics with labels
- least cluttered home screen panels
- easy to use interface
- intuitive user interface
- fewest number of clicks to customize Home Screen panels.
- fewest number of swipes & clicks to get to corp. email, calendar, contacts and todo functions.

TouchWiz has very strong widget support in general and especially for the MS Exchange email, calendar, contacts and todo functions. It simply beats the third party launchers hands down. For the following reasons:

- has email widget to allow for full screen email both MS Exchange and/or POP & other emails
- has widget for half or full screen todo list
- has widget for full screen calender with appointments and meetings showing
- even has agenda widget showing your next 3-4 appointments/meetings

Creating folders, filing with application, web links etc. and then giving a title to a folder is intuitive and simple to accomplish with TouchWiz. Even with the limitation of only seven Home Screen Panels TouchWiz beats the competition for this daily business use. If you want fancy tricked out graphics with more function TouchWiz is not for you, but given you have the ability to dynamically toggle between several installed launchers you could be comfortable working with different User Interfaces over time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana