Question about the headphone controls for the Samsung Headphones That come with S4

DWdrummer83

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello..

I just got the samsung s4. My question is about the headphones that come with the S4 in the box. I have figured out how to pause songs, skip forward songs and even activate galaxy voice while using the control buttons on the headphones. My question is how to i go back to Previous songs while listening to music. I can only figure out how to skip forward songs, how to I skip back to songs/repeat from the controls on the headphones? Right now I'm having to pull my phone out of my pocket and manually hit the back arrow to play previous songs. Can someone please help me?

Here are my Spec's in case anyone needs it:

Samsung Galaxy S4
USA - AT&T
16GB

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems Samsung's software is to blame here (or it might be Android, I don't know for sure), but you CAN'T rewind/play-previous with the headset. Yes, on most devices it takes three taps to the 'action' button to do that, but in your new headset you can only play/pause with one tap, forward/next with two. The ironic part of it all? Plug the same headphones into, say, an iPod/iPhone and the three-tap method works flawlessly.

DWdrummer83

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems Samsung's software is to blame here (or it might be Android, I don't know for sure), but you CAN'T rewind/play-previous with the headset. Yes, on most devices it takes three taps to the 'action' button to do that, but in your new headset you can only play/pause with one tap, forward/next with two. The ironic part of it all? Plug the same headphones into, say, an iPod/iPhone and the three-tap method works flawlessly.

That's crazy... I appreciate the response!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're rooted I'm sure there's a hack to allow that, but if you're not, I think there is still an app that allows you to control what the button does. It might help.

DemonSeedUK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I use JAYS Headset Control. Allows you to use headphones designed for iPhone or the headphones that come with the Galaxy S4. I use mine on the S4 and I can go backwards and forwards.

Ovidiu Alexa

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
It works!

Either it's the new updated software or it's just me.

Triple click works! Just not that fast as the iPhone. Don't click the hell out of the headset, play with the triple click function and you'll get it right eventually. Sometimes it registers a double click and another single click (pause) which I hate :)

Cheers!

fatonv

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have a-Jay one + and it seams that the app its not doing its thing or my S4 dosent allow it.
When i hold for volume rising it brings svoice or google voice it, how it is with yours can you volume up and down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa