ATT Galaxy S4..Just Received An Update

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm very happy to hear about the lag being addressed. Any improvements on the "gimmick" features? Perhaps more stable or reliable now?

Never had an issue with any of them to begin with, to be honest.

I will say that the camera seemed to be updated, as well. Seems a bit sharper, quicker.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am newbie, so bear with my stupid question. :)

Does the updates eat away at the internal memory, or does the update erase older files and replaces them with updated ones?

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Never had an issue with any of them to begin with, to be honest.

I will say that the camera seemed to be updated, as well. Seems a bit sharper, quicker.

Good stuff, good stuff. I just know people have quipped that air view was finickey and such. I wonder if the system will run better with them on now, as a lot of folks were turning them off to improve performance. This is reinforcing my planned purchase for Friday haha :p

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Good stuff, good stuff. I just know people have quipped that air view was finickey and such. I wonder if the system will run better with them on now, as a lot of folks were turning them off to improve performance. This is reinforcing my planned purchase for Friday haha :p

I'm kind of kicking myself in the *** for selling my Exynos version this weekend as it apparently got the same update. It was slightly faster as it was, let alone with this update.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
WTH?? I was nearly done with the update, the phone then locks, I re-open, it says "Update interrupted, try again in 24 hours".

WTH!!??

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to AT&T and juat checked to see if I can get the update. No luck.
But since I just got the phone 2 days ago, I'm thinking it is already updated. Can I get a build or kernel number after yours has been updated?

sent from my S4 using motion gestures!!!!

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Disregard. I reset the phone and it processes and installed everything without anymore issues.

Not seeing any changes as of yet though. Still as snappy as before. Is there a bullet list of what the update actually did?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Noticing all apps,even games opening MUCH quicker since update. IronMan3 for example would take several seconds to load whereas now it loads virtually instantly.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The update seems to have made the phone much quicker, some of the weird animation stutters are gone. It dropped the RAM used from over 1gb to 700mb's. Haven't tested camera or gallery.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update and right away I notice it has enabled google location services as my device prompted me to check in at home. Phone seems faster but I actually do still have a slight lag when I open my gallery. Camera opens super fast now, before it had a slight lag.

Edit:

Streaming Netflix and it looks a lot better than it did last time I did. I could have sworn I had a ton of blue ghosting in the first few minutes for Fringe episode 1 the other day. Today I replayed it and no ghosting was visible. However I still see a slight lag in the settings bar when I scroll fast, but it's nothing major by any means.

Last edited: