Remember when...

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't remember seeing anyone say that LOL. I remember people hating on the S4 design BUT acknowledge that the S4 will sell a lot due to Samsung riding the momentum of the S3. I'd be interested to seeing anyone who really said that because they were clearly just hating and not really seeing how the market tends to work when a comes has that momentum. Not surprising at all to me and shouldn't be to anyone else really.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yup...and the S5 will sell better than the S4.

Yeah that's pretty much a given. Just like each year everyone complains about how boring the iPhone is and design is the same and blah blah blah and each model sales crushes the previous model. Same thing here. I mean at some point the momentum slows down since the population isn't infinite but it's likely the trend will continue no matter how many people "hate" on it. Simply because it's the latest device from a good company so people must have it. And all those people that didn't get the S4 but have the S3 will most likely be out buying S5's.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's pretty much a given. Just like each year everyone complains about how boring the iPhone is and design is the same and blah blah blah and each model sales crushes the previous model. Same thing here. I mean at some point the momentum slows down since the population isn't infinite but it's likely the trend will continue no matter how many people "hate" on it. Simply because it's the latest device from a good company so people must have it. And all those people that didn't get the S4 but have the S3 will most likely be out buying S5's.

BINGO!!

I'll be the first one in line getting it so I can tell madlaw that my S5 is better than his S4! :p

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't remember seeing anyone say that LOL. I remember people hating on the S4 design BUT acknowledge that the S4 will sell a lot due to Samsung riding the momentum of the S3. I'd be interested to seeing anyone who really said that because they were clearly just hating and not really seeing how the market tends to work when a comes has that momentum. Not surprising at all to me and shouldn't be to anyone else really.

Search over on the One side of town, their was many posts on that topic.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is not an issue of sales. Samsung launched the S3 in a more staggered manner over a few months. Samsung launched the S4 as same time across the globe as possible.

The compromise is a big Qualcomm mIx and virtually no 32gb shipments besides an allocation for At&t and some Octa.

The S3 would have shipped just as many. Not an issue of hate, but an issue of freight.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This is not an issue of sales. Samsung launched the S3 in a more staggered manner over a few months. Samsung launched the S4 as same time across the globe as possible.

The compromise is a big Qualcomm mIx and virtually no 32gb shipments besides an allocation for At&t and some Octa.

The S3 would have shipped just as many. Not an issue of hate, but an issue of freight.

Except that it's not even out on Verizon yet.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

It happened. Apparently the HTC One was going to outsell the S4 as well. I'll admit I didn't see the S4 beating the S3 in sales at least at the onset, but I figured it'd end up outselling it at the end of the day. But the S4 is demolishing the S3 in terms of demand with Samsung shipping 4 million S4s in 4 days. It took 21 days to ship 3 million S3s. You could get into the whole shipped vs. sold debate but the point is there's about 3 to 4 times the demand for the S4 over the S3. And now you have the S4 selling 10 million in less than a month, without input from Verizon. Ridiculous.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Not really. Same competition as when the S3 came out. Flagships from HTC and Apple.

Except they didn't announce a new version of Android at I/O this year like they did last year, prompting people to cancel pre-orders or return their devices so they could buy the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus. I definitely did that.

Either way, they're doing extremely well. I have no doubts that they'll outpace the S3, regardless of what else is out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38