Samsung Galaxy S4 - So my only choices are live with this awful sound theme or disable? or root?

Trubbles

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S4 yesterday and my enthusiasm is quickly fading.

The sounds are just awful. The droplet sound is driving me nuts. I figured - no problem, Android is known for being customizable, surely I can change it!

But it seems like the only choice is to turn it off (which means no feedback at all when pressing buttons) or terrible, TERRIBLE "nature-inspired" sound.

The Samsung software is the biggest thing holding this phone back. Compared to stock Android on the Nexus it's ugly, bloated... It makes me miss the uncustomizable, but never awkward, iPhone.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: So my only choices are live with this awful sound theme or disable? or root?

Just turn stuff of or download new stuff from Audiko or Zedge and relax.

Trubbles

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: So my only choices are live with this awful sound theme or disable? or root?

There is no place to change the sound that gets played. Unless I'm missing something...

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

There is no place to change the sound that gets played. Unless I'm missing something...

Are you talking about keyboard clicking, notifications, ring tones, etc? Be specific please.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I just got my S4 yesterday and my enthusiasm is quickly fading.

The sounds are just awful. The droplet sound is driving me nuts. I figured - no problem, Android is known for being customizable, surely I can change it!

But it seems like the only choice is to turn it off (which means no feedback at all when pressing buttons) or terrible, TERRIBLE "nature-inspired" sound.

The Samsung software is the biggest thing holding this phone back. Compared to stock Android on the Nexus it's ugly, bloated... It makes me miss the uncustomizable, but never awkward, iPhone.

Are you talking about the droplet sound (tone) when you press on the dialer on the phone when you call someone?? If so, the only options you have for that is on or off. I'm pretty sure if you want to change the tone you would probably have to root your device. Otherwise, get an iphone and end your misery that you apparently must be going through.

BTW, I didn't like that tone myself at first but I've learned to live with it! :-D

Trubbles

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

How can you guys love a phone so much that you are willing to accept any garbage it forces on you? Droplet sounds when dialing or selecting an app (or a whole bunch of other functions). How is that OK?

I've never cared to participate in the Android vs iOS debate because I think the best answer is "different strokes for different folks" but I'm starting to think that some people find themselves so in love with a phone that they ignore terrible design choices that you can't disable.

The only answer for me (aside from exchanging the phone) is to root it. The hardware is beautiful but Samsung really filled this beautiful device with crap.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site

No phone is perfect. You have to find the phone with the least amount of annoyances for you. One man's "garbage" is one man's treasure :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

How can you guys love a phone so much that you are willing to accept any garbage it forces on you? Droplet sounds when dialing or selecting an app (or a whole bunch of other functions). How is that OK?

I've never cared to participate in the Android vs iOS debate because I think the best answer is "different strokes for different folks" but I'm starting to think that some people find themselves so in love with a phone that they ignore terrible design choices that you can't disable.

The only answer for me (aside from exchanging the phone) is to root it. The hardware is beautiful but Samsung really filled this beautiful device with crap.

I guess since I disabled all those sounds I don't notice. If you want a bloatware free version of the phone, you should return your S4 and get the Google Experience version when released.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm so lost... The samsung annoying noises is by far the easiest to turn off... Settings, sounds, touch sounds & key tones.

Enjoy the silence as I do...

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• 1371142275779.jpg
    1371142275779.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 127

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm so lost... The samsung annoying noises is by far the easiest to turn off... Settings, sounds, touch sounds & key tones.

Enjoy the silence as I do...

The OP was saying he was annoyed that his only choices were to turn it off or deal with the sound.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The OP was saying he was annoyed that his only choices were to turn it off or deal with the sound.

Huh? What other options are there? Just not have the sound I guess?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Huh? What other options are there? Just not have the sound I guess?

He was probably expecting to at least change the tone of the dialer, I guess. Something like a regular tone besides the drip drop sound. Its really the only thing on the phone that you can't change for another sound/tone, as far as I know.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site

This has to be a joke. The reason you can't stand a phone is because you can't change the droplet sound it makes when making a selection? Turn the sound off and carry on with your business or ask your self some questions about your priorities in life.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

The great thing about the smart phone market is that there are so many choices, so we have more chances to find what fits us. Different strokes for different folks, don't knock someone else for liking or wanting something different than you do.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Seriously, why did OP buy the phone if the droplet sound was a make or break for him? If you wanted stock, Touchwiz was about as far from stock as you could've gotten.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Who says they knew what sound the dialer made when they bought the phone? Or that they knew before buying it was unchangeable? They obviously WANT a noise or feedback. Just not the droplet sound.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Who says they knew what sound the dialer made when they bought the phone? Or that they knew before buying it was unchangeable? They obviously WANT a noise or feedback. Just not the droplet sound.

If something was THAT important to OP, he could've checked it out at the store before buying.

EDIT: Look at his post totals and screen name. Nuff said.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I've found quite a few things about a phones interface that annoyed me to no means AFTER I bought it. Did I think it would annoy me before I bought it? No. You guys are just making too big of a deal about it. Why do you care what they like their phone to do? Its not like they are saying that the whole phone is obsolete and trash because of this one missing feature. They also never said that they preferred stock, like you stated in your previous post. People come here for advice on a phone, not to be told "sorry, it doesn't do that, you should have just bought such and such." Or "why did you buy it if you knew it would annoy you?" Which leads back to my first point.