S4 wav file support

jensigner

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that in the official Samsung docs (and in the "complete specs" posted here here), there is no mention of wav audio support. I haven't had any problems playing ripped 16bit/.44.1 kHz uncompressed PCM wav files and even up to 24bit/48kHz wav. I know the audio processor in the i9505 natively supports up to 192 kHz sampling rates. Is there any more detailed info. from Samsung on support for .wav? A phone support person said they don't support wav at all. I'm concerned that a future firmware update might completely remove the ability to play uncompressed wav.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that in the official Samsung docs (and in the "complete specs" posted here here), there is no mention of wav audio support. I haven't had any problems playing ripped 16bit/.44.1 kHz uncompressed PCM wav files and even up to 24bit/48kHz wav. I know the audio processor in the i9505 natively supports up to 192 kHz sampling rates. Is there any more detailed info. from Samsung on support for .wav? A phone support person said they don't support wav at all. I'm concerned that a future firmware update might completely remove the ability to play uncompressed wav.

My VOIP systems sends my voice messages in .WAV format. There are several apps in Google Play that will let you listen to .WAV files. I am using Picus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana