Best buy messed up my Samsung S4

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy's "Geek Squad"

There's your problem right there, the majority -- at least 99.9% -- of the GS are not geeks at all, BB seems to hire anyone for that position that may have fixed a minor issue with something once!

I've tried to get a job with BB's GS, and have been using computers for over 30 years & almost 20 years of customer service/sales, and I was told that I didn't have experience to work with GS...go figure!

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow... I'd NEVER let BB or At&t put a case or screen protector on my phone... just dont trust them

Last edited:

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Apologies forgot their coating helps with the coefficient of friction. I have no idea why I thought they'd be using a sapphire-like coating.

Either way the 7H hardness on the scale reminds me of hardened glasses on watch crystals, I've owned or worn my share, I've yet to meet a scratch resistant mineral glass.

My point stands: Gorilla glass 3 can scratch as easily as hardened glass.
I am surprised most people think Gorilla Glass has amazing scratch resistance properties when it's truly decent properties are the toughness while maintaining high hardness. The hardness is something normal for properly treated, quality hardened glass the toughness can be done as well but not as easily.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
There's your problem right there, the majority -- at least 99.9% -- of the GS are not geeks at all, BB seems to hire anyone for that position that may have fixed a minor issue with something once!

I've tried to get a job with BB's GS, and have been using computers for over 30 years & almost 20 years of customer service/sales, and I was told that I didn't have experience to work with GS...go figure!

I applied way back in the day as well. Same idea as you. Many years, actually know what I am doing. I think we both intimidated them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty