Best "tough" S4 Case?

justinduke

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Been looking through the few case threads and most people want a thin case, but I need one that will take a beating. So far I am comparing the Ballistic Maxx Series ($50) (Samsung Galaxy S 4 Ballistic SG MAXX Series Case | goballisticcase.com), Urban Armor Gear ($35) (URBAN ARMOR GEAR) and the Otterbox Defender ($50) (Samsung Galaxy S4 case | Defender Series | OtterBox).

What are your thoughts on these three? Any other options out there for a good tough case?

Ballistic Maxx Series
gs4_sgmaxx_white_web_015.jpg

gs4_sgmaxx_black_web_012.jpg

Urban Armor Gear
GLXS4_Rust_PTO1_large.png

GLXS4_Rust_PTO3_large.png

Otterbox Defender
sam2-galaxy-s4-20-1.jpg

sam2-galaxy-s4-20.jpg

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

The otterboxes are nice but from my experience they wear down and the clip breaks too easily. My dad has one and he is in construction and the clip has broken off with as little as a bump against the wall. I love ballistic as I have the SG for my Motorola electrify 2 and I'm ordering the SG maxx soon!

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Why exactly do you need a case like this? Just asking what situations you may find your self in to give you a better recommendation.
Water? Rocks? Cement? Dust? High heat enviroments.

justinduke

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Why exactly do you need a case like this? Just asking what situations you may find your self in to give you a better recommendation.
Water? Rocks? Cement? Dust? High heat enviroments.

I am a biologist and work in all kinds of conditions from on boats to working on oil/gas pipelines. I tend to drop my phone occasionally too. I originally wanted to go with the S4 active, but the lack of cases and lack of added benefits has me wanting to go with regular S4 now.

justinduke

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have heard the Otterboxes get dust under the front screen protector by entering around the home button. Is this the same with the other cases I listed?

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have heard the Otterboxes get dust under the front screen protector by entering around the home button. Is this the same with the other cases I listed?

It is true. My dads phone gets lots of dust/dirt. It was so bad he popped out the built in protector for the screen and just installed a zagg

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I would advise for a case with liquid, and dust proofing.
Lifeproof is a case I see often in mobile stores. It's water/dust/snow/ice resistant. As well as offers shock and screen protection.

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the defender N's never got dust from entering the home button. However some dust get into the top where the sensors are since there is no cover there, but it never made it to the built in protector.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jwn66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Commuter, it's pretty solid. I just have an iShieldz for the screen.

Posted via Android Central App