Won't send texts when connected to Wifi

kd2310kd

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I recently did the latest S4 software update and now im having issues sending and recieving texts. I had no issue prior to the update. The only way it will send a text is if i turn off my wifi. It is my understanding that for mms and text you have to use the mobile data. So im guessing its having issues switching to that in order to send the messages. yes i keep my mobile data on at all times. The only odd thing i found and wanted to see if anyone else was this way wa setting-more networks-mobile networks-access point names-LTE Verizon Internet is listed but the circle was not checked. so i clicked on it and it brought up a network config screen. So i exited out and now each time i go there the cirle is now checked. so i reset my phone and the box is still checked. So im hoping this maybe had somehting to do with the issue i was having. i doubt it but its a long shot. can anyone else not having an issue sending a text check and see if that APN is check on their phone? FYI i also done a factory reset after the update as well as several battery pulls. Sends fine all day at work but as soon as i connect to a wifi network i cant send text.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana