Have HTC One but may have to buy G4 if this feature still works on the G4 Google's fault

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a HTC One and several days ago, Google updated their map program. Now I am unable to click on a Contacts address and have it take me to turn by turn directions. I have been told that Google now forces me to go to maps first and click on the arrow and then type in a search for the contact. Well if that worked it would be ok but when I search for one of my local contacts on the phone, it gives me person in another state. What a mess. Has Samsung been able to keep this from happening with the G4? If so, I will have to buy one because as a road salesman, I must have a good mapping program that will allow me to quickly click on the contacts address and get me off and running.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
All devices running the new Maps will require that same process.

The way around it is to uninstall the Maps update.

Steve

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
All devices running the new Maps will require that same process.

The way around it is to uninstall the Maps update.

Steve

This. It's the app not the phone.. Key thing is you said after you updated the app. :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I have deleted the updates but Google keeps putting the updates back on my phone
Within 12 hours. How do I turn off auto update?

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have deleted the updates but Google keeps putting the updates back on my phone
Within 12 hours. How do I turn off auto update?

Open the play store, tap menu, go to settings, and the you'll see "Auto update apps" and then choose whatever option you like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87