New to the Samsung and Android Family

barner04

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Wussup I feel weird coming here since I've been Team Blackberry for a looooong time but after a bad experience trying out the new BB10 phones I couldn't adjust to their new os well.. Apparently my crackberry family didn't agree with my decision to switch because of it and claimed I didn't try hard enough and Go to Android central and stop "Trolling"... Either way I have now started my adapting to the Galaxy s4 and Android.. So far I'm enjoying it, does have it's growing pains.. No more BBM(until the cross release) and coming from a keypad to full touch screen phone has been rocky but I'm adjusting. I do wish it was another button to use for the camera instead of using the volume button but I like the picture quality. Anyway just wanted to say hello to my new community of Galaxy users and Android folks. Give any advice on the phone or site. I assume it's just like using Crackberry

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't know how's over there, but here you'll find some rotten apples from time to time. :p
Although the great majority are great forum mates. :thumbup::D:beer:

Anyway, welcome to the Android and Galaxy family! :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Android family. :)

I dunno that there's really any advice to give until you've had a week or so to familiarize yourself with Android. I'd hate to add to the confusion that naturally comes with changing to an unfamiliar platform.

Best advice for the moment would be to play with it as much as possible, and drill the forums with any questions that arise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I was a crackberry a long time ago. This is a great place. Ask a question, and you'll get an answer. First thing to do is get the SwiftKey app. This app has arrows below the keyboard to move the cursor where you want it without touching the screen, if you want to. In three weeks you will laugh at BlackBerry, and never look back.

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome S4!

barner04

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I was a crackberry a long time ago. This is a great place. Ask a question, and you'll get an answer. First thing to do is get the SwiftKey app. This app has arrows below the keyboard to move the cursor where you want it without touching the screen, if you want to. In three weeks you will laugh at BlackBerry, and never look back.

Posted via Android Central App using my awesome S4!

Thanks I'll have to check that out

jwn66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Went from a 9800/Playbook to a S4/Note 8.0. You won't be disappointed, in fact it'll be the opposite, you're gonna see what you've been missing. It's so nice to have App options and actually have things that you want and won't have to whine and beg people to make apps, why don't you think it's so toxic over there now? Everyone in denial and defending there BB's with rage.

Posted via Android Central App with Galaxy Note 8.0

barner04

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Went from a 9800/Playbook to a S4/Note 8.0. You won't be disappointed, in fact it'll be the opposite, you're gonna see what you've been missing. It's so nice to have App options and actually have things that you want and won't have to whine and beg people to make apps, why don't you think it's so toxic over there now? Everyone in denial and defending there BB's with rage.

Oh yes the app library is nice.. Finally getting to join the tango, instagram and other popular apps hype lol.. But you my friend are right about the Rage comment.. Before I got this Galaxy 4 I was locked in on the Blackberry Q10 but found operating it was not a easy thing which led to my decision.. I tried expressing that with them and it turned into all out war.. Mind you I've had other people who where once Blackberry folks switch because of the difficulty with the new bb10 phones..

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

My thoughts exactly. I posted about that on crackberry lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes the app library is nice.. Finally getting to join the tango, instagram and other popular apps hype lol.. But you my friend are right about the Rage comment.. Before I got this Galaxy 4 I was locked in on the Blackberry Q10 but found operating it was not a easy thing which led to my decision.. I tried expressing that with them and it turned into all out war.. Mind you I've had other people who where once Blackberry folks switch because of the difficulty with the new bb10 phones..

Yeah brother welcome to the light lol. We are cool over this way and most of us try to help out when we can.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress