12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 45678 ...
tools
    No, it's an opinion. It needs to be respected. Don't go bashing a guy because his opinion is different than yours. This is not the place to be a jerk to somebody.

Posted by The Android Central app
    An opinion is saying I prefer the iPhone to the S4. Titling the thread "s4 is not as good as iPhone" stating it as fact. You don't post a thread with a title like that and not expect people to refute it. With the exception of a couple of posts, most of the posts are from from hostile or rude. I don't see anyone being a "jerk" either.
    08-31-2013 01:11 PM
    08-31-2013 01:53 PM
    An opinion is saying I prefer the iPhone to the S4. Titling the thread "s4 is not as good as iPhone" stating it as fact. You don't post a thread with a title like that and not expect people to refute it. With the exception of a couple of posts, most of the posts are from from hostile or rude. I don't see anyone being a "jerk" either.
    Pretty sure that's an opinion as well. Granted it shouldn't have been posted in android central, but you should respect the person either way. It's his opinion, who the hell are you to say he's wrong or closed minded?

08-31-2013 02:05 PM
    This guy is obviously an iPhone phan and he's just trying to stir the pot. Almost everything he said is untrue. I had an iPhone 5 too. The S4 is 1,000x better
    08-31-2013 02:57 PM
    I had an iPhone 5 too. You can't go from Android to iOS, you'll kill yourself.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    08-31-2013 03:00 PM
    This guy is obviously an iPhone phan and he's just trying to stir the pot. Almost everything he said is untrue. I had an iPhone 5 too. The S4 is 1,000x better
    I agree. I used to use an iPhone 5. Almost all of Galaxy phones, I would go as far as to say the s2 and original note as well, are better than any iPhone to date

08-31-2013 03:00 PM
    The iPhone 5, while obviously, by today's standards, a decent device, is claustrophobic after using a contemporary android handset. iOS, while simple to pick up by even the challenged, is too limiting for many of those that have tasted more. The S4 not being as good as the iPhone 5 seems like an opinion that could only have merit in a very...um...limited experience. Heck, with Android you can turn your phone into an sPhone that would make an iPhone blush.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab
    planoman likes this.
    08-31-2013 03:07 PM
    No they are not closed minded, that is simply their preference. On top of that, what the hell business is it of yours anyway? That would be like me telling you you're stupid for choosing, say, whatever car you drive. I don't think you'd like that, so shut up and don't do it to other people.
    It wasnt our business till the op came to a PUBLIC web forum and made the statement like it was fact. Opinions are like a holes everybody got one but when u put it on the web u should expect debate. And he nor I came on the board and said that his car or mine is better than your car if u have one so that comment is flawed.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    David Horgan likes this.
    08-31-2013 03:31 PM
    It wasnt our business till the op came to a PUBLIC web forum and made the statement like it was fact. Opinions are like a holes everybody got one but when u put it on the web u should expect debate. And he nor I came on the board and said that his car or mine is better than your car if u have one so that comment is flawed.

... Umm.... That comment isn't flawed. It's actually written very well and gets to the point. I agree with it completely

08-31-2013 03:34 PM
    You have to remember, he's coming from Apple...he's not used to having multiple options
    people who come from iPhones are not used to to thinking... or free will... they were forced to live under a brutal iOS regime.

just like the East European countries that were freed from the chains of communism in the early 1990s, these iOS folks need time to assimilate themselves into the free world.
    mhinc and rj160202 like this.
    08-31-2013 03:39 PM
    people who come from iPhones are not used to to thinking... or free will... they were forced to live under a brutal iOS regime.

just like the East European countries that were freed from the chains of communism in the early 1990s, these iOS folks need time to assimilate themselves into the free world.
    Not used to thinking? I couldn't imagine the replies you would get if you posted that on imore

08-31-2013 03:40 PM
    Not used to thinking? I couldn't imagine the replies you would get if you posted that on imore
    that's exactly my point... imagine how I would be treated if I went to East Germany and started saying West Germany was a better place to live. the Stasi would probably lock me up and ship me off to a re-education camp.
    08-31-2013 03:47 PM
    that's exactly my point... imagine how I would be treated if I went to East Germany and started saying West Germany was a better place to live. the Stasi would probably lock me up and ship me off to a re-education camp.
    Okay, that makes sense. It's just how you worded that first one, seemed a little harsh to the ifans that sometimes roam here

08-31-2013 03:50 PM
    Okay, that makes sense. It's just how you worded that first one, seemed a little harsh to the ifans that sometimes roam here
    I used to live under the iOS regime. I ran across the border and escaped successfully. I occasionally go back and see how things are doing over there. However, I still prefer the freedom of Android.
    08-31-2013 04:04 PM
    ... Umm.... That comment isn't flawed. It's actually written very well and gets to the point. I agree with it completely

Again thats your opinion.

08-31-2013 04:10 PM
    Again thats your opinion.

Indeed it is. The points written in that original post you quoted were valid though

08-31-2013 04:39 PM
    Indeed it is. The points written in that original post you quoted were valid though

That was HIS opinion get my drift.

08-31-2013 04:48 PM
    That was HIS opinion get my drift.

I completely understand, that doesn't however mean the points in it weren't valid. It's your opinion to think otherwise, and that's perfectly fine

08-31-2013 04:51 PM
    Bottom line different strokes for diff folks.

08-31-2013 05:42 PM
    Haha. That was cute. Now look at the hardware specs. You just made fun of a 18 wheeler needing a big diesel engine to run saying it should run on a Honda 4 banger because a grocery getter does.
    08-31-2013 06:01 PM

Hey man, that's his opinion. You should respect it, not criticize it.
    08-31-2013 06:30 PM
    Hey man, that's his opinion. You should respect it, not criticize it.

Never said I was criticizing it. I'm just saying, the amount of ifans that would be pissed if they saw that would be astronomical

08-31-2013 06:46 PM
    IPhone 5 to today's standards is far behind and expensive for what you get. But then again, there is nothing to iOS. They can barely change their wallpaper and they can move the icons. That's where iOS customization begins and ends. No live wallpapers, no widgets, no real multitasking. This is spoken from experience, I had an iPhone 5 after I had a Galaxy Nexus. God, I hated that iPhone. I'll admit the iPhone had an awesome camera, BUT! after you take a picture with the camera app, all you can do from the gallery is share it with FB or Twitter. God my list can go on and on what you can't do on a iPhone. I literally smashed the iPhone into the ground, no lies.
    08-31-2013 06:58 PM
    IPhone 5 to today's standards is far behind and expensive for what you get. But then again, there is nothing to iOS. They can barely change their wallpaper and they can move the icons. That's where iOS customization begins and ends. No live wallpapers, no widgets, no real multitasking. This is spoken from experience, I had an iPhone 5 after I had a Galaxy Nexus. God, I hated that iPhone. I'll admit the iPhone had an awesome camera, BUT! after you take a picture with the camera app, all you can do from the gallery is share it with FB or Twitter. God my list can go on and on what you can't do on a iPhone. I literally smashed the iPhone into the ground, no lies.
    You can only cleanse your soul of ios by blending the iPhone in a blender. In modern terms it's called "making apple juice"

08-31-2013 07:02 PM
    I have both an iPhone 5 and a gs4. There are plenty of frustrations to be had on both devices.

But I stay out of both ecosystems as much as possible. I buy apps from iTunes and Google play, but music and books I get from amazon. Movies I still rip from DVD. I want as much portable content as possible.

But to pick, I have to go with android as the best phone platform, iOS as the best tablet platform, and windows for the desktop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    08-31-2013 07:06 PM
921 ... 45678 ...