S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: s4 not as good as an iPhone

How can you have that 20hrs? Is it heavy use or medium? My S4 lasting for 10 hrs with probably 5 hrs screen on

Posted via Android Central App

That's mine too. I guess is pretty normal with my medium heavy to heavy use. :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
That's mine too. I guess is pretty normal with my medium heavy to heavy use. :thumbup::D

It usually takes me 2 charges to make it from 6 am to midnight, it's not that bad. It works well for me and my schedule so I don't mind topping it off mid-day when needed

Last edited:

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
How can you have that 20hrs? Is it heavy use or medium? My S4 lasting for 10 hrs with probably 5 hrs screen on

Posted via Android Central App

My use probably qualifies ad light to medium. Not much gaming as I don't like the heat (regardless of how normal it may be). There's quite a lot of screen use though. A lot of WiFi activity, Facebook, internet and some texting. If I do half an hour to forty five minutes gaming (Real Racing 3 or Shadow Gun) think I get 18 hours or so. This last full charge I got 27 hours with 3 hours of screen time and constant WiFi connection. The phone was on constantly the entire time (except when I was checking if the alarm worked when off) Although the antivirus triggers power save when I hit 10 percent

Posted via Galaxy S4

Winanto Wins

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It usually takes me 2 charges to make it from 6 am to midnight, it's not that bad. It works well for me and my schedule so I don't mind topping it off mid-day when needed

When I bought S4, I whished to have 24 hrs with heavy use :). But, actually the phone was not designed for that. I thunk, 10 hrs contoinuous use would be fine

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I wish I could go a whole day from 7 am to 12 midnight with my heavy use!

But it's ok, I normally get 9-13 hours of medium heavy to heavy use on my phone.
Most of it on 4G LTE, I get less when I'm working on places with no cellular signal to hardly any signal! :eek:

Winanto Wins

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
After knew what people experienced on S4 battery, I should accept it. Useless to complain. Just enjoy to use S4 capability. Anyway, it's awesome phone. Glad to have it.

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
As I said before; there's no perfect phone for everyone, just the perfect, or almost perfect phone that works for you!

Each of us has different needs or want certain stuff. So we have to choose our devices depending on those wants and needs.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
As I said before; there's no perfect phone for everyone, just the perfect, or almost perfect phone that works for you!

Each of us has different needs or want certain stuff. So we have to choose our devices depending on those wants and needs.

You are correct. The thing I've found out is there is no perfect phone yet. There's always going to be something you don't like. Maybe that will change within the next few years, but for now that's the truth. You just have to pick the best out of the ones available.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I tried switching from a 4s to a Galaxy Nexus. It was a painful experience. The Android apps (the ones that work) are much worse quality than iOS. Music and Photo syncing is a Lot more work. Car integration is non-existent, except for using an aux cable. Samsung radios are so bad I could not even make phone calls where the iPhone had no problems.

There were just so many things wrong with switching I wound up going back to the iPhone 4S within a month. I'm also looking forward to getting iOS 7 in a few weeks. How many 2 year old Android phones still get updates when they are 2 years old?

I encourage you to try Android, but don't get rid of the iPhone just yet. Fast CPUs and a big screen don't equal happiness. And as far as openness, I found the Android system so locked down with locked bootloaders and Verizon bloatware that saying Android is open is a joke.

Just so you know, my house had been mostly Android since e OG in 2009 - OG, DroidX, Droid X2, Eris, Incredible, Incredible 2, GNex, two Nexus 7s. We never kept any of the phones for more than a year due to various frustrations ( still have the Nexus 7s though). My iPhone 4S is our first iPhone in the house and I still love it after almost 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Ha, how many Phones do Apple have? no wonder they can keep updating them all the time when they only stick to the same phone year after year.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Ha, how many Phones do Apple have? no wonder they can keep updating them all the time when they only stick to the same phone year after year.

Apple has only made a few phones within the past years, less than a dozen (I'm ballparking that because I don't really care). They can't keep up with the competitors. That doesn't however mean the phones they make are bad, they're just lacking. Apple hasn't innovated in such a long time (and for those who bring up the 5s, that's not that amazing either).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Apple has only made a few phones within the past years, less than a dozen (I'm ballparking that because I don't really care). They can't keep up with the competitors. That doesn't however mean the phones they make are bad, they're just lacking. Apple hasn't innovated in such a long time (and for those who bring up the 5s, that's not that amazing either).

No Apple's phones are not lacking. They're lacking for someone that wants an Android device because they're not Android devices. The fact that their phones and tablets are a consistent known quantity is part of why their app ecosystem remains consistently better than ours.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

A 64 bit processor in a device that small isn't amazing? I'm not entirely wowed by the 5s and will keep on using my s4 but people are downplaying the heck out of the processor because it's apple.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Why iPhone 5s Will Kill Your Point-and-Shoot Camera - Tom's Guide

Interesting. Wouldn't this have been awesome to see in the Moto X instead of people complaining about its camera technology. Again...if Apple can how come X can't? ...instead of talking about how a firmware update can fix the Moto X's camera.

Can someone explain?

If Motorola can make a processor dedicated to always-on voice recognition, and have a low power, "Active" display that's larger than the iPhone then why can't Apple do the same thing?

The two companies spent their time developing different aspects of the phone. The iPhone takes better pictures, the Moto X does more while idle and has a larger screen.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

No Apple's phones are not lacking. They're lacking for someone that wants an Android device because they're not Android devices. The fact that their phones and tablets are a consistent known quantity is part of why their app ecosystem remains consistently better than ours.

+1
Apple phones are designed to do what they do smoothly and consistently, and they do that better than anyone. Also, the updates on iPhones are consistent, and not held back by carriers and fragmentation. What will the S4 be running in 2 years, when the 5S is updating to iOS 9 just 10 days after announcement? Possibly KitKat?
Now I love Androids just as much as anyone, but I will admit that Apple has their stuff together when it comes to satisfying their customers, whether it be timely updates every year or customer support ( which no other phone manufacturer comes close).
Why do you think that they are #1 in customer satisfaction polls year after year?

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

A 64 bit processor in a device that small isn't amazing? I'm not entirely wowed by the 5s and will keep on using my s4 but people are downplaying the heck out of the processor because it's apple.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

No it isn't, not when there is no need for it yet. It's a lot of marketing to hype up and take credit for what they did not do as usual.
Praise ARM for the 64 bit processor (which again: would of come independently of Apple).

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

No it isn't, not when there is no need for it yet. It's a lot of marketing to hype up and take credit for what they did not do as usual.
Praise ARM for the 64 bit processor (which again: would of come independently of Apple).

But if Android had released it first, the fanboys would be singing it's praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana