Using Nova now - Replacement Calendar Widget

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I've switched both my S4 and Galaxy Note 10.1 to use Nova Launcher. I love this launcher. But the one thing that I don't like is that the Samsung Calendar Widget does not work with Nova. I have yet to find a suitable replacement. What I am wanting is:

1. Month view that has appointments showing inside the calendar grid.
2. Color coded by account.
3. Sizable on my tablet so it uses most of the screen.
4. Display must respect the time zone I am in and show the times based on the current time zone.

I tried Pocket Informant, which seems to do what I need on the phone. But on the tablet the largest widget only occupies a small part of the screen.
I tried aCalendar, which does fill the screen on the tablet properly.But the time zone doesn't work the way I want and seems to have some timing delay in synchronizing the calendar.
I do use Clean Calendar Widgets which has a great day view. But it does not have a month grid. I want the month grid, as described above filling a page by themselves on the tablet and the phone.

I really want the functionality of the Samsung Widget. But need one that works with Nova.

Last edited:

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Indeed I found a reference to that on another thread and am liking it so far. It may be the answer. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Good, glad you're liking it. One of the first things I did when I replaced my aging Samsung Stratosphere with the S4 was to install Business Calendar and start using it instead of the stock Calendar app. The stock app is clearly improved in current Android versions, but Business Calendar still runs rings around it. (German engineering! And no, I don't work for them, just a happy customer.) Good to know that it works well under Nova as well.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Now if I could just change the color. The one I use most has the ugliest color. Seems you have to root to do that. Google idiots!

Sent from the tiny keyboard on my S4

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Well this is interesting. I got an app called Set Calendar Color and reset the color for Outlook.com. It did not seem to work initially. Then I found several posts that said root was needed.
This morning it appears the change took place. The ugly light brownish color is now the blue I picked. Not sure when it "fixed" itself but both CCW and Business Calendar have my preferred colors.

Sent from the tiny keyboard on my S4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87