Google Services Help

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I completely turn off all location settings and GPS when not needed. Although I have Auto Sync on, always (my contacts, calendar, and gmail are all synced to Gmail), my Google Services doesn't even show up in battery usage listing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

ThaRebel

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Its stupid how much battery it uses when turned on. Google need to fix it in a update or something. I love the s4 phone though and android platform & I was on iOS for almost 4 years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Its stupid how much battery it uses when turned on. Google need to fix it in a update or something. I love the s4 phone though and android platform & I was on iOS for almost 4 years.

Something is definitely weird with yours. With the most recent updates to Google Play Services I've had all Google Now cards on, all location services going, additional location tracking on (which I believe just piggy backs off Google Now), I've been off the charger for 8h 40m and Google Play services has kept the processor awake for 1h 6m. Something seems to be up with your Google Play Services installation or something. It's not normal for it to keep your processor awake all the time.

ThaRebel

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Something is definitely weird with yours. With the most recent updates to Google Play Services I've had all Google Now cards on, all location services going, additional location tracking on (which I believe just piggy backs off Google Now), I've been off the charger for 8h 40m and Google Play services has kept the processor awake for 1h 6m. Something seems to be up with your Google Play Services installation or something. It's not normal for it to keep your processor awake all the time.

I thought there was something wrong. I only got about 2-3 hours out of the phone yesterday. Today after I turned off "wifi & mobile network" with everything still on and at the moment its at 6%. Which is a lot less then yesterday. I've been using the phone most of the day & the battery has only dropped about 18%.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I thought there was something wrong. I only got about 2-3 hours out of the phone yesterday. Today after I turned off "wifi & mobile network" with everything still on and at the moment its at 6%. Which is a lot less then yesterday. I've been using the phone most of the day & the battery has only dropped about 18%.

Awesome! That means we've solved the issue! Now all we have to do is wait for the Google services framework to be updated so we can turn everything back on again....