Wives S4 keeps crashing in Gallery

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Peeps

Need your assistance please.

My beloved wife has a S4 and she says that it keeps crashing when she opens the photo gallery. Once it crashes and exits the app, she can try again and it may work it may crash.

Has a quick search and there doesn't seem to be anyone else with a similar problem. Could this be a OS issue or maybe a SD card issue. I had to reformat her SD card as it was all corrupt.

Here device is complety stock and up to date. Not rooted.

Any advice would be brillaint.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Peeps

My beloved wife has a S4 and she says that it keeps crashing when she opens the photo gallery. Once it crashes and exits the app, she can try again and it may work it may crash.

Has a quick search and there doesn't seem to be anyone else with a similar problem. Could this be a OS issue or maybe a SD card issue. I had to reformat her SD card as it was all corrupt.

Try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. There may be a data conflict between updates and may help. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you even bother with what I suggested..?!

It doesn't really solve the problem to be honest. Its just circumventing it.

I did mention it but she wasn't interested. She likes the stock app when it runs.

Thanks for your input. Shame about your manners. :confused:

Sent via my mobile communications device.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Did she take any pictures that used sound? I've found a couple people (myself included) who have had this issue because of a camera mode used, and when I downloaded quickpic, the issue just transferred over to quickpic (even though its a wicked app and I use it now). I backed up all my photos and videos then went in and delred the ones that weren't regular video or the regular camera mode, restarted the phone and my problem has never returned. I had some guy say its basically a stupid theory and its not a corrupt file or anything, has to be Samsung's gallery app, but it worked for me and some others and has never happened again, so if you need a last resort you could always try it :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Peeps

Try going to the applications manager then gallery and clearing the cache there. This helped with keyboard issues on my s3 in the past

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Also try upgrading to QuickPic, switch to a non TouchWiz launcher (spelled Nova/Nova Prime), and disable any carrier bloat. Doing these things can free up precious RAM which may benifit the issue, while making her phone more useful and sliq.

Note 8.0

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the 3 last suggestions.

Will give them all a go for her.

I had a quick look at this quick pic on Google play.

Going to check it out myself.

Thanks all.

:eek:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried what you asked and I didn't work. Was unable to boot onto recovery.

Could only get it to reboot on Odin mode.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but did you make sure you hit volume up during the process?

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't mean to sound condescending, but did you make sure you hit volume up during the process?

No worries. ;)

I did try it both volume up and volume down and Odin mode would only load. Volume up and the device booted as normal.

When I do the volume up on my rooted S2 it boots into recovery OK.

Will the recovery only work on rooted devices?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No worries. ;)

I did try it both volume up and volume down and Odin mode would only load. Volume up and the device booted as normal.

When I do the volume up on my rooted S2 it boots into recovery OK.

Will the recovery only work on rooted devices?

That's just it...there should be a stock recovery...

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A customers recovery like TWRP and CWM can be flashed to your phone. But it does void the warranty.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

I have CWM on my S2. Don't want to flash her phone as its only a few months old and she would go ape if i voided her warranty.

I tired cleaning the gallery cache and so far its hasn't crashed yet. Fingers crossed.

Thanks all

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have CWM on my S2. Don't want to flash her phone as its only a few months old and she would go ape if i voided her warranty.

I tired cleaning the gallery cache and so far its hasn't crashed yet. Fingers crossed.

Thanks all

Cool.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non