Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Issues

CrossClown

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm updating to 4.3 right now BUT I do plan on factory resetting my phone as soon as it's done updating. I always factory reset after every major OTA update and I usually haven't seen an issue after doing so. Hopefully, the factory reset helps in mitigating most of these issues that you guys are listing.

Tony Miller1

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Per Samsung Support USA - no way to have folders closed on homescreen when done with app. So I guess we're stuck with it this way, like it or not (or root).

c_Archie03

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having an issue with Samsung Music continuing to open and trying to play a song every hour as well. Does anybody know a fix to this issue. I trying closing it, force quitting it, and signing out, but it still continues to pop up. Thanks

jillstacey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the 4.3 update, a lot of my apps keep popping ANR notifications. For example, I've been charging my S4 for an hour or so and when I unlocked it, ANRs kept flooding in. Samsung Push Service, SVoice, etc. Any idea what's happening? :/

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

alfitoryahmad

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have problems after I updated jelly bean 4.3 ( galaxy s 4 ) , the problems are my phone freezes for a moment frequently and wifi signal unstable . any help please?

LNBCKRU

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I updated my phone to 4.3 yesterday, and immediately lost the ability to connect to Wi-Fi.

I'm on business travel, so I don't have access to the routers, but on three separate Wi-Fi networks I get the following error message:

"Network disabled because internet connection is slow."

I'd been connecting successfully th these networks for days before the update.

kris4291

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I've just updated to 4.3 & the only small niggle I have is on the briefing widget, before I had managed to switch off the news etc & only show the calendar but now I can't seem to switch off the news I do not want this flashing up constantly how do I get rid of it. Seems every time there is an update it ruins my calendar widget!

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I've just updated to 4.3 & the only small niggle I have is on the briefing widget, before I had managed to switch off the news etc & only show the calendar but now I can't seem to switch off the news I do not want this flashing up constantly how do I get rid of it. Seems every time there is an update it ruins my calendar widget!

Check the app's notification settings and disable notifications.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
The clock app is broken. Whatever I try and do in world clock crashes the app

Edit:
Actually fixed. Just had to clear the app's data

Last edited:

Daniel UK

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I can honestly say since my 4.3 update mine is like lighting. I've disabled all apps that come on the phone preset. Turned off all three animations .....I thought!

After I use the camera the transition animation resets itself back to 1.0??? Been on a few sites and they think it's a minor problem that will be updated soon so it will be gone eventually. If you do get any problems with any lag, back up your data and factory reset. It works 99.9% of the time. Plus it will do 4.3 good to be on a clean phone :)

bluhavoc

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
4.3 is much much faster than 4.2.2,
no idling from screen of to wake
camera faster on response
home screen much responsive from other app
speaker seems louder
and many things i still need to test

Artchr

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

I updated my GS4 to Android 4.3 this afternoon and ever since my Samsung Music Player keeps popping up in my notification panel ready to play a song. I exit out of it and within 15-20 minutes it will show up again. I've closed it in Task Manager and restarted my phone and it keeps coming back up. Also, it shows up on my lock screen in place of the clock when it pops up. I've never even used the music player on this phone so I have no idea why this is happening.

Same thing with mine, I have pin lock screen. None of the above (short of factory reset) has worked. I am reluctant to factory reset since I have work software on my phone that is a pain in the a$$ to set up. (I mean really who still uses Lotus Notes!? lol)

Last edited:

fati13

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Having the exact same issue. Tried force stopping app, erasing cache, reset something... nothing is working. Still pops up in status bar every 5-10 minutes. Really annoying. Not to mention my battery seems to be having the life sucked out of it much quicker than before...

I had the same issue with it popping up what worked for me is I went to the settings menu and select more Then click Application Manager click "all" and scroll down to the Samsung music player click on it and press turn off un select the notifications and force stop. So far that worked.

bent_karma

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings / application manager / all / locate "pagebuddynotisvc" and turn it off. Im running 4.2.2 and that worked for me.