deleting photos from gallery

sheryltoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got this Samsung phone a few weeks ago and my cell phone carrier transferred all my photos from my old phone to the new phone and inserted the SD card I had been using. I wanted to delete some old photos and first of all, couldn't figure out how to delete multiple photos. Is there a way? I ended up deleting them one by one except for pictures in two folders with the exact same photos. I have no idea where these photos are stored or why I can see them on my phone. They're all pictures I took of some damage to some property after a bad hurricane in 2012. I do remember making a folder just for the pictures in some type of cloud I believe. I was using a Motorola phone before and I might have made it in a program for that phone but I don't have the phone any more or the program so I can't check it out.
In any event, I'd like to get rid of these two exact folders but there's no delete option for them. Everything else had a delete option. I don't think they're using up any space on my SD card or my phone but I don't need them or want them in my gallery.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got this Samsung phone a few weeks ago and my cell phone carrier transferred all my photos from my old phone to the new phone and inserted the SD card I had been using. I wanted to delete some old photos and first of all, couldn't figure out how to delete multiple photos. Is there a way? I ended up deleting them one by one except for pictures in two folders with the exact same photos. I have no idea where these photos are stored or why I can see them on my phone. They're all pictures I took of some damage to some property after a bad hurricane in 2012. I do remember making a folder just for the pictures in some type of cloud I believe. I was using a Motorola phone before and I might have made it in a program for that phone but I don't have the phone any more or the program so I can't check it out.
In any event, I'd like to get rid of these two exact folders but there's no delete option for them. Everything else had a delete option. I don't think they're using up any space on my SD card or my phone but I don't need them or want them in my gallery.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just press and hold a photo for 2-3 seconds and you can select multiple photos with tick marks.

sheryltoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I see how that works for photos that have an option to delete but I still need to figure out how to delete some pictures that don't seem to be in any storage space on my phone but show up in my gallery app. The only options I get with these photos is to share them or view them. There's not trash can and no option to delete.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I see how that works for photos that have an option to delete but I still need to figure out how to delete some pictures that don't seem to be in any storage space on my phone but show up in my gallery app. The only options I get with these photos is to share them or view them. There's not trash can and no option to delete.

Those might be pulled in from online storage, such as Google Pictures (Picasa) or Facebook. Open the Gallery app, click on the menu button and look at the "Content to display" menu item to see if any online sources are checked. If they are, uncheck them and Gallery should stop showing those pictures.

sheryltoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I was able to get rid of the albums on my phone but I sure wish I knew where they were stored so I could just get rid of them completely. I don't really understand how all these storage sites work and actually try not to sync anything with them because I prefer using external hard drives for all my backups but I must have put those albums in one of those storage areas because I can't find them on my computer.
I ended up taking the check mark out of "all content" in the settings for Gallery since there wasn't anything else to uncheck except for "this device." I guess my phone doesn't even know where I put them.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I was able to get rid of the albums on my phone but I sure wish I knew where they were stored so I could just get rid of them completely. I don't really understand how all these storage sites work and actually try not to sync anything with them because I prefer using external hard drives for all my backups but I must have put those albums in one of those storage areas because I can't find them on my computer.
I ended up taking the check mark out of "all content" in the settings for Gallery since there wasn't anything else to uncheck except for "this device." I guess my phone doesn't even know where I put them.

I agree, with so many online backup services available it can be really hard to keep track. I use Google's backup service just to make sure any pictures I take with the phone will be saved in case something goes wrong with my SD card, plus it makes it easy to download to my computer at home for editing and other uses.