Armifera Fatum

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So just recently I can barely receive ANY MMS.. I'm running go launcher with go SMS.. Ive cleared cache.. Deleted and reinstalled and even tried the stock messaging app all to no avail..even turned off mobile data.. Incoming MMS just constantly says "downloading" as the 4g LTE symbol is on until it times out and says error.. Ive even tried sending an MMS to myself..no go.. I'm currently on AT&T.. Any insight or suggestions?! Driving me crazy.. My outgoing MMS works fine.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So just recently I can barely receive ANY MMS.. I'm running go launcher with go SMS.. Ive cleared cache.. Deleted and reinstalled and even tried the stock messaging app all to no avail..even turned off mobile data.. Incoming MMS just constantly says "downloading" as the 4g LTE symbol is on until it times out and says error.. Ive even tried sending an MMS to myself..no go.. I'm currently on AT&T.. Any insight or suggestions?! Driving me crazy.. My outgoing MMS works fine.

Does this only happen with the Go SMS app?

Armifera Fatum

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Ive tried just using WiFi only by turning off mobile data still didnt work so I turned mobile data back on and restarted the device. Still a no go! Would resetting the phone cache help? Haven't tried that..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ive tried just using WiFi only by turning off mobile data still didnt work so I turned mobile data back on and restarted the device. Still a no go! Would resetting the phone cache help? Haven't tried that..

It's worth a try. Can you connect to the Google Play Store or other Google services?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Whoops. Guess I missed that part where he said he tried other SMS apps.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

Armifera Fatum

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes I can get into the store and download.. Another thing I noticed.. My phone book was syncing and the 4g LTE is lit.. The syncing takes forever and never clears... ( I dont have that many contacts that it should take so long) so idk what's up! To get into recovery its power button volume up and home key? I saw the blue letters up at the top L but it never brought me into recovery mode...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes I can get into the store and download.. Another thing I noticed.. My phone book was syncing and the 4g LTE is lit.. The syncing takes forever and never clears... ( I dont have that many contacts that it should take so long) so idk what's up! To get into recovery its power button volume up and home key? I saw the blue letters up at the top L but it never brought me into recovery mode...

That is correct. It shouldn't take more than a few seconds. You can hold power to turn it off and try again, but this time only let go of the home button when you see the blue letters. Then when you're in recovery, let go of the others

Armifera Fatum

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not even getting notifications properly.. Idk what's going on with this thing.. If I do a factory reset can I still update my device to the latest OS (4.3) on at&t? Will I have to go through kies?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not even getting notifications properly.. Idk what's going on with this thing.. If I do a factory reset can I still update my device to the latest OS (4.3) on at&t? Will I have to go through kies?

If you are on 4.3, a factory reset will not roll back the OS. If you are on something older, you can still update afterwards

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ensure your APN settings are correct.

Also AT&T requires mobile data to be on to recieve MMS.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mindyroth

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I am also having issues with GO SMS. Regular sms works fine, though. I have not tried reinstalling since I don't want to lose my messages

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app