Bypass galaxy s4 mini activation screen verizon

xxtraloud

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I am in the process of renewing my contract with Verizon and will be getting an s4 mini. I haven't gotten the phone yet but from what I understand I will need to activate it once I receive it. Before I activate the phone and start paying for the data I would like to play with it for a while and also try it with a European sim card. In the meantime I will keep using my previous phone until I am ready to switch. Can this be done?

I have seen a video online to bypass the activation screen for s3 and was wondering if there is a similar procedure for the Verizon s4 mini.

thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you can bypass but You can activate it using very minimal data. Once activated, you can use the European sim.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
once I activate it I will be charged $30 per month extra, and I am going to Europe for 4 months, so I don't want to activate it yet.

Activate it, then immediately put the old basic phone back on the line. Then Go online and block data if desired. At most you would be charged $1,assuming that you switched back to the basic phone right away.

xxtraloud

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Activate it, then immediately put the old basic phone back on the line. Then Go online and block data if desired. At most you would be charged $1,assuming that you switched back to the basic phone right away.

oh is that how it works? are the $30 based on how many days you use it on the month after activation? I didn't know that. That should work but I will also check with Verizon. I wouldn't have to block data if I switch to the old phone, right?
thanks!

xxtraloud

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
So I checked with Verizon and you are correct, it can be canceled right away or after a day. One thing gets not clear is that I was told the phone would activate automatically after 30 days. Is that true? I don't see how you could be billed for a phone that it's never being connected to the network.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members