How to stop automatic file download from Web?

Lauren Spavelko

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is there a way to keep my S4 from downloading files automatically?

I'm in am online business course, and every time I visit their site or refresh their page on my phone, it downloads ALL the PDF worksheets over and over again. It didn't matter if I access it via Chrome or Internet, or if I'm on data or wifi.

I have 7 or 8 copies of the same files that it keeps redownloading, then I have to delete them manually. It's wasting my data, space, and time, and it's annoying as hell.

Any advice? Please and thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would report it to the webmaster. See what they have to say.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe check your browser settings and see if you have a setting for automatic downloading of files checked. Mine always asks me if I want to download PDF files, so not sure why you're getting them automatically.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is there a way to keep my S4 from downloading files automatically?

I'm in am online business course, and every time I visit their site or refresh their page on my phone, it downloads ALL the PDF worksheets over and over again. It didn't matter if I access it via Chrome or Internet, or if I'm on data or wifi.

I have 7 or 8 copies of the same files that it keeps redownloading, then I have to delete them manually. It's wasting my data, space, and time, and it's annoying as hell.

Any advice? Please and thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

This is just the web? It sounds like a Dropbox shared folder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo