As New Galaxy S4 I90505 says 'Custom'

Nigel Love

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought an S4 I90505 on eBay sold As New. The phone looks fine in A1 condition and everything works OK.

The problem is I cannot upgrade firmware as it says Your device has been modified. Software Updates are Not Available

It has the following device data:

Model number: GT-I19505
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: I9505XXUAMDM
Kernel Version: 3.4.0
SE.INFRAsep-106#1
Fri Apr 12 17:00.35 KST 2013
Build Number: JDQ39 I90505XXUAMDM
SELinux Status: Permissive
Device Status: Custom

Current Firmware Version: PDA:MDM / PHONE:MDM / CSC:MDC (BTU)

Can anyone help me get this back to an unmodified state?

Cheers

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought an S4 I90505 on eBay sold As New....it says Your device has been modified. Software Updates are Not Available...Device Status: Custom

Hi. Nigel Love. I could be dead wrong (and I ask those more senior members to chime in) but I would gather this device has been rooted. The seller probably attempted to remove the custom root from the device before selling it.

My suggestion, preform a master reset based on the instructions laid out here:

How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S 4 & Wipe Data

As far as I know, once a device is rooted, it will always have a "custom" Device Status. For example, I rooted a previous Android device under 4.1 and then upgrading the firmware to 4.3. I lost root but I never lost the "Custom (with an open lock)" on the splash screen. I have since re-rooted that device but that is besides the point. Good luck. Again, I am sure more senior members will respond shortly.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Nigel Love. I could be dead wrong (and I ask those more senior members to chime in) but I would gather this device has been rooted. The seller probably attempted to remove the custom root from the device before selling it.

My suggestion, preform a master reset based on the instructions laid out here:

How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S 4 & Wipe Data

As far as I know, once a device is rooted, it will always have a "custom" Device Status. For example, I rooted a previous Android device under 4.1 and then upgrading the firmware to 4.3. I lost root but I never lost the "Custom (with an open lock)" on the splash screen. I have since re-rooted that device but that is besides the point. Good luck. Again, I am sure more senior members will respond shortly.

+1 For Factory Reset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty