Listening to music while using Waze

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm giving it a shot.

When I'm driving and using Waze while listening to music, every time the navigation system speaks it pauses the music. Is there a way I can make it dim the music in the background instead of pausing it? I'm using the stock music play for the s4.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try this:
1) Using navigation via Google Maps, not Waze. Does the music pause too or does it fade out while the voice over is speaking? If it does pause, the issue is with the Music Player. If it fades out, the issue is with Waze. We had a similar issue a few weeks ago with Whatsapp, where it would fade out the music with any notification, even in silent mode. A couple of Whatsapp updates later and things were back to normal.
2) Try using a different music player with Waze. Does the same happen?

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried it with other GPS apps, but I'll give it a shot and report back after the next time I drive. Thanks for the tip, hope it works!

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it works with another app, remember to shoot an e-mail to Waze support to let them know! They can't fix what they don't know about, and the more reports they get about a particular issue, the higher it goes into their bug list.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using a different music player then? Music is supposed to fade out (or pause, depending on the player) but resume after the voiceover is, well, over.