Charging sign shows but battery only goes down

Liron Shekel

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Since yesterday, everytime I connect the charger (to electricity socket or computer - makes no difference), the charging sign appears as usual but the battery goes down instead of up.
I tried charging while my phone is shut - and it's still going down. I tried resetting, removing the battery, putting it back in - nothing.

I don't know whether it's the charger that needs replacing or the battery. Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks,
Liron

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I had this same issue with my galaxy s4. I would plug it in to charge and instead of Charing it was discharging.i tried different chargers it didn't resolve the issue.tried another battery from another galaxy s4 phone.no dice.

So I had to take it back to sprint of course they tried to make me pay my deductible but this was in no way my fault my phone was in emaculate condition. I noticed the issue a few days after an update.

Posted via the Android Central App

jboggs

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have that issue if I am not using my original charger and if I have high usage app going on at same time. If i am not using original charger my phone gives me a notification that tells me to use original.

Also maybe ur charger is broken or intermittently not working so naturally battery % will b going down.

Posted via Android Central App

Bstnbrn67

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

Since yesterday, everytime I connect the charger (to electricity socket or computer - makes no difference), the charging sign appears as usual but the battery goes down instead of up.
I tried charging while my phone is shut - and it's still going down. I tried resetting, removing the battery, putting it back in - nothing.

I don't know whether it's the charger that needs replacing or the battery. Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks,
Liron