Samsung Kies - Device not responding

dew4rd

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Samsung GS4 GT-I9505 running 4.3 (non-root). I am from Australia and the telephone company is Telstra.

I have never had a major problem with Kies until now. I updated Kies to 3.2.14113_3 and connected my phone as I have done for the last year but ran in to this message "Device not responding": kies.jpg

I have tried the following:
- Disconnected and reconnected
- Re installed Kies
- Restarted my phone
- Re installed the USB driver
- Tried a different USB port on my computer

My computer sees the phone as I can access it via Windows Explorer.

Have you got any other things I could try?

Thanks

Daniel

dew4rd

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, have you got a good safe link for 3.1? I downloaded "samsung-kies-3.1.13103" but it is only 778KB so I'm a bit wary

mcben47

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I have identical phone/carrier and Kies 3 issue, I have done all the same things you have tried and suggestions
Noticed that phone name is detected but it is as if there is something at phone end that is expected to respond and it doesn't
I can see phone & SD card in Windows Explorer.
Used to work
My wifes phone; same but from Kogan i.e. slight difference in firmware; will not connect either
This is on both our separate PC's

Dam annoying as I want to do a full backup ready for a firmware update supposedly due 29/12/2014

dew4rd

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Just re installed the OS on my phone, connected to Kies within 3 seconds!! :)

So I'm afraid mcben that you may have to do the same

ltcook

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Never had an issue with kies up until i now where i had to download kies 3 as my samsung galaxy S4 doesnt support kies any more. But since doing this i cant get my phone to respond. Its saying the name of my phone but just spins connect and then says not responding try disconnecting and reconnecting your device.
I have re installed and uninstalled and re installed kies 3 but still not working.
Can someone please tell me how i re install the OS on my phone. I have no idea.
Thanks heaps. :)

Zibri

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue... N9005 (Note 3) android 4.3 and kies 3... anyone got a solution for this? I don't want to upgrade the OS...