Almost time to upgrade....

Clams1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I got my S4 from verizon in Sept 2013 so it'll be time to upgrade in a few months. I imagine a lot of you are in the same boat. I like the new S6 but I'm not 100% sold on it. I don't really care about the lack of SD card since it comes in 32 and 64 gb's but I really would miss the replaceable battery. So, I might go with the Note 4. It's kind of big, but then again so was the S4 when I first got it, so I'm sure I'd get used to it. Anyone know how the "insides" (ie, processors, operating systems, etc) of the 6 and Note 4 compare??? What are y'all gonna upgrade to???

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care about the lack of SD card
You will if you ever hard-brick it. (You use the SD card to boot to download.)

but I really would miss the replaceable battery.
Miss? If it goes into thermal runaway, you'll watch your phone melt (and it's not covered under the warranty), rather than spend $15 on a new battery.

So, I might go with the Note 4. It's kind of big, but then again so was the S4 when I first got it, so I'm sure I'd get used to it. Anyone know how the "insides" (ie, processors, operating systems, etc) of the 6 and Note 4 compare???

S6
Chipset Exynos 7420
CPU Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57
GPU Mali-T760
RAM 3GB
Camera f1.9 4k

Note 4
Chipset Qualcomm APQ8084 Snapdragon 805
CPU 4 Cores @ 2.7GHz Qualcomm Krait 450
GPU Adreno 420
Camera 4k

I wouldn't own a phone with no external SD card and a non-replaceable battery, so if I were looking to update (unless my phone was about to stop working), I'd wait to see what the Note 5 will be. Or, since it's Verizon, stay away from Samsung altogether (locked bootloader).