How can I fix some wifi connection problems after 4.4.2 update?

Rick2007

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
WiFi connection problems after 4.4.2 update

Hello all Seniors,

I am new to this forum and not a techy person.....Recently I update my Samsung S4 (Model # SGH-I337M) phone with 4.4.2 version and now problem started with Wi-Fi network.. At my house, no issue I can connect Wi-Fi without any trouble but in my Office I am not able to connect Wi-Fi network...before updating the phone Wi-Fi was working great at the office. it shows on the phone saved network but no internet at all.

it is kit-kat version -4.4.2 when I hit 5 to 6 times on version button to check which version I am using it came with letter "K".

someone told me to uninstall McAfee app from phone but I checked in my complete app folder but I could not find McAfee app icon at all.

in security folder - Device Manager it shows two Icon

1. KNOX
2. Android Device Manager

any suggestion please? anyone in the forum have any solution or similar experience?

Regards

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wi-Fi issue after update on Samsung S4 phone

Hello all Seniors,

I am new to this forum and not a techy person.....Recently I update my Samsung S4 (Model # SGH-I337M) phone with 4.4.2 version and now problem started with Wi-Fi network.. At my house, no issue I can connect Wi-Fi without any trouble but in my Office I am not able to connect Wi-Fi network...before updating the phone Wi-Fi was working great at the office. it shows on the phone saved network but no internet at all.

it is kit-kat version -4.4.2 when I hit 5 to 6 times on version button to check which version I am using it came with letter "K".

someone told me to uninstall McAfee app from phone but I checked in my complete app folder but I could not find McAfee app icon at all.

in security folder - Device Manager it shows two Icon

1. KNOX
2. Android Device Manager

any suggestion please? anyone in the forum have any solution or similar experience?

Regards
Power off the phone. Hold Volume down+home+power on until the recovery screen loads. Use the volume button to select "clear cache partition". Don't clear anything else.

Reboot and see if that allows you to reconnect. If it doesn't, you'll probably need to ask IT to reset the router and see if that helps re-establish your connection. Let us know how that goes.

Rick2007

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: WiFi connection problems after 4.4.2 update

Thanks a lot for reply but No luck....

I talked to my IT director and he told me that it is issue with some Samsung security function in the phone....my colleague has a Samsung 3, Samsung Mega, Iphone no issue at all..

it shows saved network but no internet connection...

Samsung 4, Note 3, Note 4 has a same issue...strange?

regards