How can I get sound in screen mirroring for my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 recently upgraded to Lollipop 5.01?

Vital Miranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
No sound in screen mirroring for my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 recently upgraded to Lollipop 5.01

Sound is no longer transmitted in screen mirroring since I upgraded my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 to Lollipop 5.01. Before the upgrade, screen mirroring worked flawlessly and with clear sound when connected to either my Samsung TV, my Roku connected to a Sony TV or my brother's Samsung TV. After the upgrade, screen mirroring no longer transmit sound to any of the of the devices mentioned above. They only got my phone's screen, but without any sound. Does anyone that had a similar experience knows how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: No sound in screen mirroring for my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 recently upgraded to Lollipop 5.01

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 recently updated to Lollipop 5.0.1 and had the issue of my screen mirroring not functioning. I finally figured out how to work around the issue...(as I love KODI Tv and stream everything) I have a Samsung Un55h6350 Smart TV and never had any problems with 4.4.2, then with lollipop my phone recognized the TV but would not connect, just stayed stayed at the "connecting" screen. I found this odd because I could still use wifi direct to play stored media. So after several frustrating attempts when my phone "scanned and recognized the TV I long pressed on "[TV] Samsung LED55" , rather than just tapping the option. When I did this I was given an option to "connect with pin" on my phone. So I chose that option and a pin number appeared on my TV screen simultaneously on my phone there was an input line to type it in. Then BOOM! like magic, screen mirroring was a go. It's been up and running just fine without having to enter the "pin" again. I have tested and retested to make sure it stuck and I'm happy to report all is well. I hope this helps anyone else who's been pulling their hair out trying to figure this out and save people from spending unnecessary money.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: No sound in screen mirroring for my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 recently upgraded to Lollipop 5.01

I just discovered I have the same problem with my i337 on Lp 5.0.1. My GS4 connects to my Bravia just fine in screen mirror mode, but there's no sound. I've verified the files have sound when played on my pc.

Any suggestions?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana