Galaxy S4 contacts lost and I can't connect with Kies, what should I do?

A

AC Question

Galaxy 4s contacts lost and I cant connect with kies

I have recently download something to my Galaxy 4s ( it might have been gmail, not sure) and as a result my contact list has gone crazy, its full of duplicates, lots of lost contact details , and 200+ un named numbers etc.
I have tried to reboot with Kies today and found that it has been replaced with smart switch.
That's all fine to upgrade but how do I now access the backed up files from Kies first?? It is saying that it no longer supports my device! so my laptop has my numbers and names and now smart switch is backing up my phone and I dont want it to as it is all wrong!

help !!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy 4s contacts lost and I cant connect with kies

I have recently download something to my Galaxy 4s ( it might have been gmail, not sure) and as a result my contact list has gone crazy, its full of duplicates, lots of lost contact details , and 200+ un named numbers etc.
I have tried to reboot with Kies today and found that it has been replaced with smart switch.
That's all fine to upgrade but how do I now access the backed up files from Kies first?? It is saying that it no longer supports my device! so my laptop has my numbers and names and now smart switch is backing up my phone and I dont want it to as it is all wrong!

help !!

You can log in to your Gmail account on a computer and restore them to what they were. I would clear out the Google account from your phone or do a factory reset of the phone before you do this.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1069522?hl=en