If I root a Galaxy S4 will it help me with web hosting and video sharing?

A

AC Question

if i root a galaxy s4 will it help me with web hosting and video sharring?

Just trying to see if i should root for this reason......video and web hosting

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: if i root a galaxy s4 will it help me with web hosting and video sharring?

Only if the apps you use for hosting and sharing require root. That's ALL rooting does - it allows apps that require root access to get it. If the apps you're using don't require root access (it'll tell you in the Play Store description if it does), the app won't even know that the phone is rooted.

(In a command line, if you use a command, let's say it's named host, and it requires root, instead of typing

host

you type

su host

and the app runs as root. (That's the user who's running the app.) In Linux, you'd be asked for the root password every time you did that. In Android, a superuser app, like SuperSU, takes care of that. su asks the superuser app if host can have root access, the superuser app asks you (on the screen) and if you say yes, the superuser app puts that app, host, in the list of apps you've allowed to have root. Next time you run host, it just runs.

If the app doesn't require root access, it doesn't run su, so it never knows whether the phone is rooted or not.

Rooting doesn't make the phone faster, give you more storage or do anything else - it just allows apps that require root access to get it.