How do I force usb debugging?

A

AC Question

force usb debugging

my galaxy s4 screen broke and i cannot see anything. i tried an hdmi cable to the tv but while i can see the screen on my tv, the phone screen doesnt respond to touch. i tried downloading android control but it seems i nvr turned on usb debugging on my phone. ive rooted and rommed many phones but i haven't done it in years. all my phones are rooted, but i haven't had to do an adb push in a very long time and i just can't figure out the steps to get this going. can someone please explain in it a "force usb debugging for dummies" way? xda explains it in a high level but i really would appreciate it if someone could break it down for me step by step from the very beginning... sorry to b such a noob but i really need the data off that phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: force usb debugging

Welcome to the forums. I have head USB mice can sometimes help in this situation. I haven't done it myself, and what I heard was second information.

brattt78

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
thanks for your help ive seen this on some tutorials and blogs but haven't actually tried it bc i don't think this is what im looking for...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: force usb debugging

Sorry... I missed the part where you said you can't see anything on the screen.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader