Call notification icon won't disappear off my green "Phone" icon

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung S4 phone (Verizon) suddenly got stuck yesterday on the Verizon splash screen after rebooting, and I had to have a local shop where they had to completely reset the flash - so I lost most everything. Now I'm trying to get things back to the way they were on my phone. Now, when I get a voicemail, the "Phone" icon shows a red circle notification icon over it. Great. Well, when I listened to all my messages and saved/deleted them, the icon won't go away - it still shows the same number of messages even though they were all listened to. I forced stop on the application, cleared cache, etc, all to no avail. Do I have to friggin' reboot the phone to clear it?

Also something unusual - when I went to Application Manager and checked "All" applications, I have three Phone icons. Weird. Not sure if it's part of my problem or not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The multiple Phone icons in the App Manager is probably normal. On my Pixel 2 XL, I have Phone, Phone & Messaging Storage, and Phone Services. It's possible that the S4 just labels these separate components as "Phone."

For the icon badge, look in the App Manager for something like BadgeProvider. Select it and clear its cache and data. Does that help?

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually, my teenage son was fooling around with my settings and discovered that if I go to my "recent" calls, then go back to my home screen, that got rid of that pestersome red badge notification. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty