Best Galaxy S5 Cases

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I decided to try this Spigen case and just got it today. I like the look and it's not bulky. But it's still slippery. Not as slippery as the naked phone but slippery nonetheless. I'll try it but I'm not hopeful about keeping it, I feel like I'm going to drop the phone.

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Got my Spigen Neo Hybrid today.

Really nice case but does anyone else have issues with it not fitting quite flush, being able to see little bits of the phones chrome bezel and rattly buttons?

Got a feeling I may have a cheap knock off one.

Also, the charger flap is very hard to access

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Got my Spigen Neo Hybrid today.

Really nice case but doesn't anyone else have issues with it not fitting quite flush, being able to see little bits of the phones chrome bezel and rattly buttons?

Got a feeling I may have a cheap knock off one.

Also, the charger flap is very hard to access

I asked someone about the bezel before and its normal. Also saw this on the Note 3 Neo Hybrid cases.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up...

If you register your device with Samsung they email you a code for 50% off any accessory priced under $50 from the Samsung store. They sell Otter Box cases there so it's a good way to get an Otter Box for half price. It's even is good on the Otter Box Defender series which costs $49.99.

That being said, I use the Otter Box Commuter case with a Mime Feather Glass screen protector. Can't recommend this combo enough! I used the commuter on my Galaxy S3 in the past and didn't like how hard the buttons were to press. That's not an issue on the Galaxy S5 model as the buttons are really easy to press. The case fits well even with the glass screen protector and the fingerprint scanner/heart rate monitor are easy to use. The edges of the case overlap slightly with the screen protector for a tight seal... almost as if the Mime Feather Glass was made to be used with the commuter.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. I registered my S5 but I did not get an email of any kind in response.

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question, but seeing people ordering several cases say from Amazon, do they just return what doesn't work out well, or fill the junk drawer with more stuff
On the fence between the Neo, slim armor, a diz case, or the super slim R one too. Lol

Thanks much for the time.

perovero

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the s view case that i got for free from my carrier but idk if it would keep my phone safe.. I'm thinking of buying obliq with tempered glass screen protector.. Anyone using Obliq to share the experience or photos? :-D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Tech21 Impact Tactical.

Fits like a glove. Not too slippery, slides in and out my pocket nicely. Nice matte texture to it too.

Think I may have found the case for me..... For now, haha

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Tech21 Impact Tactical.

Fits like a glove. Not too slippery, slides in and out my pocket nicely. Nice matte texture to it too.

Think I may have found the case for me..... For now, haha

PICTURES!
Does it make the S5 quite a bit wider?

Does it muffle the speaker if place flat on its back?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
PICTURES!
Does it make the S5 quite a bit wider?

Does it muffle the speaker if place flat on its back?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I can't post pictures, sorry,

It doesn't really add any width, half a mm at most? Still keeps the shape of the phone if you know what I mean.

Nope, no muffling.

cplax92

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the otterbox defender and while yes it is incredibly protective, the plastic screen shield has some rainbow colored effect when it contacts the galaxy screen. Also when I got mine, it had a piece of plastic that should have been shaved off at the factory that wouldn't allow the case to close. So I shaved it off and it still is a pain to close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Using an otterbox commuter in black...

I want to order the spigen tough armor case (when I decide on a color)

Sent from Portland Oregon using my Verizon Samsung s5