Galaxy S5 active, all pic and videos saved to memory card. I recently traveled to Vegas, 2nd video from trip came up only as a black icon with an exclamation on it. Cannot view media apparently, and every video and picture after that. The camera would do what it's supposed to...take the pic, then I could see its thumbnail in bottom corner as normal. But nothing in the gallery. Just the same black icon/thumbnails. Removed battery, and memory card. Plugged it all back in and nothing. Gone! All black icons are gone. Help? 16gb phone, 64gb card.
    11-28-2015 10:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The card might be defective, corrupt, or counterfeit. Install and run SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeiters take a smaller card and program it to report that it's a larger card. Things work fine until you actually exceed the real storage limit--then files start corrupting.

If the card is genuine, it might still be corrupted. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    Crashdamage likes this.
    11-28-2015 05:13 PM
    Your SD card has probably failed. This is not unusual, they're not terribly reliable. If you did not have a backup copy on a computer or cloud storage, then unfortunately the files are likely gone. Sorry.

But even if they appear to be gone there's still a slight chance you may be able to recover them by putting the SD card in a laptop or PC with a card slot or USB card reader and using Recuva software:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=FreBm1Kq

From now on, remember: Backups, backups, backups!

B. Diddy had some good advice, but to increase your already slight chances of recovery, I recommend running Recuva before doing anything else.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-28-2015 05:33 PM