Charging Cable

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure it's not my charging port but, it has to sit a certain way to charge. If not it's constantly doing the noise for charging or if it's been disconnected. I can't find an OEM, so any suggestions as to where to look for one that are good?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried any other USB cables, regardless of them being OEM or not? If the same thing happens with other cables, then it's probably the port. If other cables work fine, then there's probably a loose connection or frayed wires within your cable.

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
The one that came with it of course and my car charger both do it. But we have another car charger that is generic (no clue where it came from) that it doesn't do that with. So that's where I scratch my head.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you often wind the original charger cable and the car charger cable around itself when storing them? If so, maybe that's been putting strain on where the cable connects to the charging plug. Or when you are actively charging using the original cable or the car charger, do they usually sit in a way such that the cable is kinked near where it plugs into the phone?

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok it's the connector piece that plugs into the phone. Both car and original that came with it. Generic car charger you can tell connection is tight. Problem is it was given to us with no box so no clue made it really. Nothing on it with a serial number to even try to look it up. So any suggestions on what a good one would be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34