Phone calls drop when I use the Network mode with auto connect in Samsung S5 mini SM-G800F, how can I fix this?

sergsab

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Phone calls drop when I use the Network mode with auto connect in Samsung S5 mini SM-G800F

Hi Community,

When I configure my Samsung mini S5 SM-G800F in Settings/More Networks/Mobile Networks/Network mode in (LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto connect) or (WCDMA/GSM auto connect) the phone calls drops. If I configure my device in WCDMA only or GSM only the phone calls works fine. As you can see, the "Auto connect" function it's failing during a call, because you can see the H in the signal type, and before the drop you can see the signal type changing to 3G.

- The LTE and WDCMA bands works perfect with data.
- I have tried a friends sim card and the behavior it's the same (i.e. not my sim)
- I am on latest IOS (KitKat 4.4.2)

It's not under my network operator warranty because I bored the device in Amazon, so I know that it's a device issue, hopefully something that I can change in android or changing the AP version.

Cheers for any help -greatly appreciated.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone calls drop when I use the Network mode with auto connect in Samsung S5 mini SM-G800F

Hi Community,

When I configure my Samsung mini S5 SM-G800F in Settings/More Networks/Mobile Networks/Network mode in (LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto connect) or (WCDMA/GSM auto connect) the phone calls drops. If I configure my device in WCDMA only or GSM only the phone calls works fine. As you can see, the "Auto connect" function it's failing during a call, because you can see the H in the signal type, and before the drop you can see the signal type changing to 3G.

- The LTE and WDCMA bands works perfect with data.
- I have tried a friends sim card and the behavior it's the same (i.e. not my sim)
- I am on latest IOS (KitKat 4.4.2)

It's not under my network operator warranty because I bored the device in Amazon, so I know that it's a device issue, hopefully something that I can change in android or changing the AP version.

Cheers for any help -greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Android Central!

What service are you using the phone on?

sergsab

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone calls drop when I use the Network mode with auto connect in Samsung S5 mini SM-G800F

A voice and data plan with access to 4G/3G/2G with ICE, the biggest network operator in Costa Rica.

SumITguy

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I have the exact same issue with my Galaxy Note 4.
When I change the Network Mode to LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) or WCDMA/GSM (auto connect), it keeps switching between 4g, 3g, and Edge, as per the availability. In the process, the service-provider (phone) signal is lost for a few moments. If I am in a call, it often drops, or I stop hearing the other person for a while.
If I change the mode to WCDMA Only or GSM only, it works fine.
How can I choose auto mode without having the signal to drop when switching automatically?
I am on lollypop (Android 5.0.1), Samsung custom OS, not rooted.
Thanks in advance.
Sumit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87