Happy 7th Birthday!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Launched on the 11th of April, 2014, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is now 7 years old today!

t3IpBUTh.jpg

My S5, G900F, is still going strong. Only changed the battery in all that time. Now running the LineageOS
biggrin.png

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Back in the day it was the, "dogs danglies"

Sporting a 5.1" Super Amoled screen with Gorilla Glass 3, (the same glass they're using on the Galaxy S20 FE), a Snapdragon 801 chip with a whopping 2GB of RAM. Water and dust resistant, IP67, and a 16MP camera. Now relegated to a backup phone, it still gets updated on Lineage when I remember to do it. It was cheap and easy to replace the battery on the S5 which makes it ideal to keep it going. I doubt I will be as happy to replace the battery in my S21 Ultra when the time comes. :D

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Back in the day it was the, "dogs danglies"

Sporting a 5.1" Super Amoled screen with Gorilla Glass 3, (the same glass they're using on the Galaxy S20 FE), a Snapdragon 801 chip with a whopping 2GB of RAM. Water and dust resistant, IP67, and a 16MP camera. Now relegated to a backup phone, it still gets updated on Lineage when I remember to do it. It was cheap and easy to replace the battery on the S5 which makes it ideal to keep it going. I doubt I will be as happy to replace the battery in my S21 Ultra when the time comes. :D
One thing I hope they go back to in future is removable battery , was good times when u just pull the back and replace them , I did like my s5 but darn flap for charging port water resistant kept breaking lol always had replacements:)