Share your Galaxy S5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand cropping on this phone, none of the pics I have or take can be cropped where the entire or most of the subject of what I take is captured. I wanted to upload this to instagram but I want the entire dish...not part of it, and this is as big as I can get it. Ive tried pulling the corners, pinching them tapping etc. Screenshot_2014-05-01-13-57-35.jpg

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Practiced with select focus on wooden fence. Used snapSeed on horse carriage picture. Did have camera app crash twice and had to reboot phone. No error messages, just froze.
ysumejet.jpg
py9utepu.jpg
e6y4uba5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand cropping on this phone, none of the pics I have or take can be cropped where the entire or most of the subject of what I take is captured. I wanted to upload this to instagram but I want the entire dish...not part of it, and this is as big as I can get it. Ive tried pulling the corners, pinching them tapping etc. View attachment 115794
Probably because that's as big a picture as you can upload on Instagram

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll wait until Instagram fixes the problem, and it is a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 1890 pics on my phone and NONE would look good posting to instagram. ZERO.

rekkid

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait until Instagram fixes the problem, and it is a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 1890 pics on my phone and NONE would look good posting to instagram. ZERO.

I dont mean to be or want to come off as snarky... but you do know that instagram only does square photos? it looks like you are at the edge of your photos... or would you like to have black bars on your photo? like letterbox?

the breakfast looks awesome though! making me hungry :)

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
ok, indoor... medium light.... not so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398994668958.jpg
    1398994668958.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 88

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Why are all of my photos blurry? I turned image stabilization off. Every photo is fuzzy and blurry. They are taken in good light, etc. Maybe it is just me.

Why are people turning IS OFF? You wouldn't turn it off on a real camera. I use IS day and night (on my Canon). It used to be that you'd want to turn it off during very long exposures but I don't find that the IS motor affects my long exposures. Is there a reason you don't want IS on in good light?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Why are people turning IS OFF? You wouldn't turn it off on a real camera. I use IS day and night (on my Canon). It used to be that you'd want to turn it off during very long exposures but I don't find that the IS motor affects my long exposures. Is there a reason you don't want IS on in good light?

Image stabilization on your Canon is hardware enabled, the S5 has a software mode to provide a basic form of image stabilization which is completely different to the hardware implementation on your Canon.

The S5 with image stabilization enabled takes multiple pictures and then stiches them together to provide better low light photos. The downsides of this is any movement in the image or in the photgrapher will result in blurring and a complete waste of the shot plus you get a loading screen when you take pictures. Your Canon with hardware implemented image stabilization experiences none of these issues.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non