Samsung switch

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Anybody having problems? I can't seem to get anything to transfer from my m7 to s5. Tried all day. I just want my messages and its driving me nuts.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My best friend is the same way, she never wants to upgrade or move to a new phone because she has a ridiculous amount of texts. I have never understood that. I clear out my texts daily. To each his/her own...

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
You can always call the NSA and them to download a copy to your new phone :)

Posted via Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My best friend is the same way, she never wants to upgrade or move to a new phone because she has a ridiculous amount of texts. I have never understood that. I clear out my texts daily. To each his/her own...

My messaging app started freezing up when I had a lot of texts. Text hoarding is not good, lol!

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
A better understanding of how you are trying to transfer them would be useful in allowing us to help. Are you trying to use Samsung's Smart Switch? I haven't used that yet (still waiting on delivery) but it looks promising.

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I will be moving from the nexus 5 to the S5. Any way to transfer data/pics/etc to the S5? Will Smart Switch work?

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I will be moving from the nexus 5 to the S5. Any way to transfer data/pics/etc to the S5? Will Smart Switch work?

There are a lot of ways that it will work, all of which in your case (without an SD card) involve the cloud. Smart Switch should work. Keep in mind that it requires you to download an app on both phones (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.sec.android.easyMover&token=eAVdiUaH). Also keep in mind that I doubt it moves over app data, like saved games or high scores, unless that app syncs somewhere (like Facebook).

MyBackupPro works well too although I've only ever used it with an SD card. You need the Pro version if you are changing phones (instead of just restoring the same phone).

There are others as well, including Google's native cloud options.

Good luck!