Samsung Switch

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Can Samsung Switch transfer over files and photos that are saved in the secure folder? When I tried to do that when I was switching from the S22U to the S23 Plus and most of the files never got transferred over no matter how many times I tried. Just curious to know whenever I get my next Samsung Galaxy phone.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I used Smart Switch PC to back up everything from my s22U to my PC & later restore the backup to my s24U.

In my case, I had to make sure the Secure Folder was unlocked at the time of the backup & except a prompt on my s22U to allow the Secure Folder to be backed up.

I haven't tried directly from device to device as I always like to have a good backup on my PC incase something goes awry.
🙂
But as confirmed by @SpookDroid, device to device should be fine.

Was your Secure Folder unlocked when you tried?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I used Smart Switch PC to back up everything from my s22U to my PC & later restore the backup to my s24U.

In my case, I had to make sure the Secure Folder was unlocked at the time of the backup & except a prompt on my s22U to allow the Secure Folder to be backed up.

I haven't tried directly from device to device as I always like to have a good backup on my PC incase something goes awry.
🙂

I'm not sure this was last June so I can't remember exactly. But when I did Smart switch to my Samsung Galaxy Tablet I don't think the Secure folder was transferred over. I had to back those to a thumb drive to make sure I didn't lose the files.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you use Smart Switch to backup the files to the thumb drive?

I have read in some cases that you have to set up Secure Folder on your new device first before you restore your files from Smart Switch. I didn't have to do that when restoring from the PC Smart Switch, but I don't know from device to device.

We'll have to see how @SpookDroid handled it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Device to Device over cable. It prompts you if you want to back up Secure Folder (since the cloud back up option no longer works for it), unlock on the first device, transfer data, wait for it to finish, and when you first log back into your new Secure Folder it will tell you there's a pending back up waiting to be restored (as long as the same account was used).

Haven't used external storage in years, to be honest :S (Unless you count physical cartridges/discs for videogames :p)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Best way to back up your Samsung device

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000