Galaxy S5: Anyone Replace Touch Wiz With Nova Launcher Yet?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Man, after reading your thoughts on the Nova Launcher, I just installed it. This launcher is really cool!!! It really cleaned up the look of the phone! I still wish I could figure out how to make the google search bar something other than the grey shaded thing. :-\
Delete that and go into Nova settings for appearance and select the clear search bar. Then go into widgets and select "quick search." It'll be the clear search bar.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone Replace Touch Wiz With Nova Launcher Yet?

Man, after reading your thoughts on the Nova Launcher, I just installed it. This launcher is really cool!!! It really cleaned up the look of the phone! I still wish I could figure out how to make the google search bar something other than the grey shaded thing. :-\

If you go into Nova settings, u can change the type of Google bar

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

sophishy

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone had any issues installing the Nova Launcher on their S5?

My phone is repeatedly asking 'Complete action using' Nova Launcher of TouchWiz over and over for the same apps, despite clicking 'Always' every time.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

You can. Disable it, add Zooper widget and create your own.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Martin5005

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Just started using Nova Launcher a few days ago and I really like it. What I do not like is that whatever you set the wallpaper to on NL, it changes the TouchWiz wallpaper too! Is there a way to override that problem?