Samsung S5 - Alarm Not Working -

castignanip

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi my wife has a Samsug K-Zoom same thing the alarm is silent no matter what system setting or alarm setting we tried them all, that goodness for her old baclberry at least that's the cure for now. Can Samsung do something to fix this bug, our phone is new I know if we take it back they will just reset the thing and 2 Months later it will sing the same song of silence!

icemann

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
A reply to an old topic in case any s4 users come searching for a solution to this issue.

I've had this happen several times on my s4 zoom phone and the following steps fix it every time for me:

Delete the cache and data for the following:
* Alarm
* Clock
* Clock (Digital)

Do that, then set an alarm for a minute from now's time. The alarm should now go off properly. If not, reset or switch off your phone then try again. Those steps fix it every time for me.

I've noticed that when the alarm was not going off properly that the "Your alarm will go off x amount of minutes from now" notification wouldn't happen, but after doing the above steps that it would start working again, which is another way of knowing or not if this has fixed it for you.

Purpc

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
After 1,5 year using S5 with cover ,I tried almost everything to the alarm wakes with the closed cover, even another apps, every day I couldn't forget to close the cover, because only works with the cover open, then after search the s5 I find a solution:
Goto settings - > sound and notifications-> app notifications and scroll to "clock" then turn on the permissions to this app, it works to another apps. Attention the alarm will play even if you turn on "Do not disturb ".
Please reply if this solution works.

Norbert Futo

May 7, 2016
Visit site
I do have a fresh new Galaxy S5 mini with ortiginal Samsung flip cover. When the cover is open the alarm works, when it is closed the alarm never works. It is strange. Samsung said they never met this issue. They told me that I should claim the cover. I did it and having a new flip cover i still do have the same problem. So I can not forget to open teh flip every evening otherwise I will not awake up.
Can you please help me??

Otto Parts

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (SM-G800F) with original flipcover without wallet, updated from Android 4.4.2 Kitkat to 5.1.1 Lollipop
Problem occured here after update. Googled a lot, nothing helped yet. Would pay the sellers a visit I guess?
Neh.. called Samsung Netherlands (problem new to them, so no fix), made a full backup/factory reset/restore.. didnt help. Even considered going back to Kitkat.. BUT found a simple workaround myself!~
Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US and hey presto, alarms go off with the cover closed. FREE - I will just wait for the next Android OS, while enjoying the benefits of 5.1.1

Last edited:

Abenson6

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
A reply to an old topic in case any s4 users come searching for a solution to this issue.

I've had this happen several times on my s4 zoom phone and the following steps fix it every time for me:

Delete the cache and data for the following:
* Alarm
* Clock
* Clock (Digital)

Do that, then set an alarm for a minute from now's time. The alarm should now go off properly. If not, reset or switch off your phone then try again. Those steps fix it every time for me.

I've noticed that when the alarm was not going off properly that the "Your alarm will go off x amount of minutes from now" notification wouldn't happen, but after doing the above steps that it would start working again, which is another way of knowing or not if this has fixed it for you.

This doesn't work. I reset the alarm every night and look for the notification. I get it every night and every morning, no alarm. I've tried 3 alarm apps. None work consistently on S5.

judeajudeann1

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
I find the alarm on my Galaxy S5 doesn't go off if I have the phone charging. It works fine if it's not charging. Really annoying. Not sure why this would be but it's really annoying as I often charge my phone at night.