11-16-2017 11:58 PM
28 12
    Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (SM-G800F) with original flipcover without wallet, updated from Android 4.4.2 Kitkat to 5.1.1 Lollipop
    Problem occured here after update. Googled a lot, nothing helped yet. Would pay the sellers a visit I guess?
    Neh.. called Samsung Netherlands (problem new to them, so no fix), made a full backup/factory reset/restore.. didnt help. Even considered going back to Kitkat.. BUT found a simple workaround myself!~
    Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US and hey presto, alarms go off with the cover closed. FREE - I will just wait for the next Android OS, while enjoying the benefits of 5.1.1
    09-26-2016 12:52 PM
    A reply to an old topic in case any s4 users come searching for a solution to this issue.

I've had this happen several times on my s4 zoom phone and the following steps fix it every time for me:

Delete the cache and data for the following:
    * Alarm
    * Clock
    * Clock (Digital)

Do that, then set an alarm for a minute from now's time. The alarm should now go off properly. If not, reset or switch off your phone then try again. Those steps fix it every time for me.

I've noticed that when the alarm was not going off properly that the "Your alarm will go off x amount of minutes from now" notification wouldn't happen, but after doing the above steps that it would start working again, which is another way of knowing or not if this has fixed it for you.
    This doesn't work. I reset the alarm every night and look for the notification. I get it every night and every morning, no alarm. I've tried 3 alarm apps. None work consistently on S5.
    10-06-2016 05:56 AM
    I find the alarm on my Galaxy S5 doesn't go off if I have the phone charging. It works fine if it's not charging. Really annoying. Not sure why this would be but it's really annoying as I often charge my phone at night.
    11-16-2017 11:58 PM
28 12