My method to a faster S5 + small Aviate Launcher Review

Eric Ruiz1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Still new to the community (came from the Apple world) but never too young to provide a helpful review. IN NO WAY AM I SPONSORED NOR BEING PAID FOR THE FOLLOWING. THIS IS MY OWN ADVICE AND RECOMMENDATIONS. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISKS.

Let's begin. I work for a large health insurance company provide network support across the state so I may have a higher tech experience than some. A lot of users are claiming the following:
-Slow interface response time
-occasional interface lag
-excessive memory usage by OS

I noticed this as well and I have not stopped pushing the phone through different test. The first noticeable difference was swapping the Runtime System to ART. Apps load noticeably quick and use up less memory. Second was configuring the SD card to lower Android System usage which was a huge Drain. Link below.

Solved: Android System eating battery - xda-developers

Last is a aviate Launcher. So far, I am loving the simplicity of the application and have had much better response time with everything. After a restart, I am under 1gb memory usage with everything running including, location, all my social media apps, blue tooth, wireless, etc. Still playing with it but it simplifies everything onto your. Phone including Google services. Organized all my apps alphabetically and very clean layout. My recommendation for those who want to speed up their phones is that which I mentioned. Feel free to ask any questions.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Still new to the community (came from the Apple world) but never too young to provide a helpful review. IN NO WAY AM I SPONSORED NOR BEING PAID FOR THE FOLLOWING. THIS IS MY OWN ADVICE AND RECOMMENDATIONS. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISKS.

Let's begin. I work for a large health insurance company provide network support across the state so I may have a higher tech experience than some. A lot of users are claiming the following:
-Slow interface response time
-occasional interface lag
-excessive memory usage by OS

I noticed this as well and I have not stopped pushing the phone through different test. The first noticeable difference was swapping the Runtime System to ART. Apps load noticeably quick and use up less memory. Second was configuring the SD card to lower Android System usage which was a huge Drain. Link below.

Solved: Android System eating battery - xda-developers

Last is a aviate Launcher. So far, I am loving the simplicity of the application and have had much better response time with everything. After a restart, I am under 1gb memory usage with everything running including, location, all my social media apps, blue tooth, wireless, etc. Still playing with it but it simplifies everything onto your. Phone including Google services. Organized all my apps alphabetically and very clean layout. My recommendation for those who want to speed up their phones is that which I mentioned. Feel free to ask any questions.

Posted via Android Central App

After reading through your monster text I just don't get actually whose side you are talking I mean weather you are talking for the Android or the iOS, your word seems too much difficult to me, I am sorry but I still don't get what are you talking about ??? I would really appreciate if you can elaborate more on what you are talking about in a simple manner :O :)

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I use Apex Launcher and disabled manufacturer and carrier bloatware. My device is much snappier. TouchWiz seems to cause alot of the lag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38