Flash player or older Internet browser

mikeblade82

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a s3 before the S5. And I was able to view Internet videos using flash as long that I was on desktop view or download the video if I was on mobile
Can't do it with s5
Can anyone help find do a older webbrower apk or have any ideas

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You can download Dolphin Browser from the play store and then in Dolphin Browser go to dolphin.com/lab/en and download the flash player hack for kitkat.

Be aware this makes your device open to security holes.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
You can download Dolphin Browser from the play store and then in Dolphin Browser go to dolphin.com/lab/en and download the flash player hack for kitkat.

Be aware this makes your device open to security holes.

Could you elaborate on "security holes" and how much of a real-life danger this poses?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Could you elaborate on "security holes" and how much of a real-life danger this poses?

Well Flash Player is no longer (and for some time now) being supported or updated by Adobe for Android, which is why it is removed from the Play Store and from the stock browser. Flash has always been a major target of hackers to exploit browsers, computers, other devices that it runs on. It is not secure to run outdated flash player versions and you put yourself at risk. You can do a search on flash player exploits for more details.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled Flash from my computers, it is a severe security risk.

Since that time, I have not had a single security problem trapped by my antivirus software and there used to be a few of them every week.

If the video is in Flash, I don't need to see it.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Another option is to download Puffin browser. For $1.99/year subscription, you get flash. On my Nexus 7 & Galaxy S5, I use Chrome as my default & Puffin for sites that use flash.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I had a s3 before the S5. And I was able to view Internet videos using flash as long that I was on desktop view or download the video if I was on mobile
Can't do it with s5
Can anyone help find do a older webbrower apk or have any ideas

This is why apple doesn't allow flash player to be used. Virus.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Some people need to deal with reality, flash player is still used on over 80% of Internet videos and will continue to be used for many years.

Is Flash a security risk? Sure it is but so is anything in the wrong hands.

If you are getting viruses every week, I think you should reconsider the websites you visit instead of blaming flash player.

A reputable website that uses flash player will not give you a virus...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This is why apple doesn't allow flash player to be used. Virus.

I'd read years ago the real reason is that Apple didn't want their iPhone users having access to flash games, apps, and videos so that they'd be more reliant on the app store. Knowing apple that sounded the most logical IMO.

Rev.