Best weather app for use on the Galaxy S5?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock widget, it's nice, accurate and pretty straight forward.

I've used yahoo weather and weather channel in my GS4 and a few times with my GS5, but I prefer the stock widget though.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5

mrg4512

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
IIRC I believe I had it refreshing only every 2-3 hours or so. Even then I was shocked to see how much of my battery it was using.

[UPDATE] I've now played with all the weather apps/widgets referred to in this thread and I'm now ready to proclaim a winner......(drum roll please).....And the winner is.....

1 Weather

It's the most clear, simply laid out with great 10 day predictions and a nice little "discussion" of current weather conditions when you open it up.

Very solid weather app!

Posted via Android Central App

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I have accuweather on mine and also the NBC4NY weather app also. I get alerts all the time for severe weather from accuweather.

rustum

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I just use browser to check weather from weather.com(I should create a browser short cut). I do not want them to use location service . Temps are very predictable in Texas. I never needed current temperature except rain forecast to plan my lawn watering.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yahoo Weather is the most beautiful weather app on the app store, it takes pics of ur actual area (via flickr) and shows the weather on them as well...looks beautiful

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
My favorite is BeWeather by Bellshare. One of the options I like is the ability to add your own radar maps. :D