At a Glance widget not showing weather since December update

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Since I updated to the December update yesterday my At a Glance widget on my P8P home screen only shows day and date but no weather. I've gone into the settings and confirmed weather info is enabled. Anyone else having this issue? Is there another setting I need to check? Thanks!

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for reading my post again. Yes, that would be lovely but it's out of my budget and wasn't free like the P8 with the provider I switched to. I just need to know if the other camera apps work with their manual controls.

I'm on Verizon as well and not thrilled they aren't releasing the update yet......but the last 2 months we have received the update quickly, and T-Mobile was delayed a couple of weeks in October and at least a few days in November. I don't think VZW is any worse at being "slow" some months to approve updates than the other carriers. I guess this is our month to wait. I hesitate to sideload because last time Verizon was late they actually rolled out a specific Verizon edition and I'm not sure what problems that would cause if I installed the generic version.

Since I updated to the December update yesterday my At a Glance widget on my P8P home screen only shows day and date but no weather. I've gone into the settings and confirmed weather info is enabled. Anyone else having this issue? Is there another setting I need to check? Thanks!
Mine comes and goes, mostly it isn’t there.

It drives me crazy, so I’ll be interested how this turns out.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Well, the weather info returned to my At a Glance widget for about a day and then promptly disappeared again. LOL. I've sent feedback to Google for what it's worth.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I really don’t understand why it is so flaky.
Yep my Moto's, Samsung, and prolly a few others I'm forgetting have all been better than my Pixels in that department lol. You'd think Google would rule that roost... but as we know, they can be full of surprises 😉

But I still think they get more right than wrong overall with the software experience 👍 Which is prolly why I tend to go with them more often than not 😎

Reactions: mustang7757

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yep my Moto's, Samsung, and prolly a few others I'm forgetting have all been better than my Pixels in that department lol. You'd think Google would rule that roost... but as we know, they can be full of surprises 😉

But I still think they get more right than wrong overall with the software experience 👍 Which is prolly why I tend to go with them more often than not 😎
I agree, but the smallest niggles can be the most annoying.

Reactions: J Dubbs