Faint Flickering lines in display

tree9

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Bought my gs5 3 weeks ago.

When the soft keys are lit there are faint horizontal lines flickering on the screen. The issue seems to be getting worse. My friends gs5 does not do this I guess I have to return it.

Anyone else see this happen? I got it from best buy online.

The lines don't change in landscape vs portrate, but for the sake of explaining it, they are horizontal if holding in portrate

tree9

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
update:

the screen banding got significantly worse. At one point I removed my otter box defender case for unrelated reasons, and somehow the problem started to fade away over a period of 3 or 4 days. Eventually it is now 100% fixed.

I have no idea why, perhaps the case was too tight causing this? very weird. especially how it slowely got better each day.

Also, at its worse point I called samsung to ask about replacement. it does have a waranty right? they said send it in for 3 week repair, if they cant repair it, too bad u bought a lemon and they wont replace it. Best buy also said too bad, its 3 weeks old, its your problem now.

terrible service

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
While it's true you are past your exchange window, I'm certain Samsung would repair it. The only downside is the time it would take to do it - maybe you have another device you could use while the S5 is being checked over. Have you used another case on it? I've used Spigen and Seidio for quite a while and damn happy with them.

woahohkelsey

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that Otterboxes can cause pressure cracks, so it could be related to that. I have the Spigen Neo-Hybrid (got it off Amazon) and I like it much more than my Otterbox. It's a little sleeker, so it feels nicer in my hand but seems like it's good protection at the same time.

tree9

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
thanks I might check out the neo hybrid. I do think the problem was related to the tight case. I removed and reinstalled it one day, then it slowly self corrected.

its fully fixed and still in the case so ill probably do nothing for now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress