2 S5s - Completely Different Phones

kcaitch

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
A couple weeks ago, I made the switch from iPhone to the Galaxy S5. I went into Sprint and got two new S5s for my wife and for myself. After a week or so of using the phones, we started noticing that our phones are pretty different and I can't figure out why. The most noticeable difference is the camera. I have been able to download the different camera modes and all that, but my wife's doesn't show up. I downloaded the modes for her, but her camera app doesn't show them on the screen like mine does. And she can't zoom in on her camera (while she is framing a shot as opposed to zooming on the picture after it is taken). Another difference I noticed is that she doesn't have the Kids Mode app (Samsung app I think). It came preloaded on my phone, but I can't seem to find it on hers, nor can I find it to download it for her.

Maybe this is one of those things that we will have to get used to; no two Android phones are the same. Any ideas on how I can fix these things before my wife accuses me of sabotaging her phone?

Thanks,
Ken

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
This is not normal for android phones my friend... :)

When her phone was turned on for the first time, do you recall going through an activation process? Maybe this was done in store and it was a returned phone or something?

You can try a factory reset to see what happens, but first check the software version and see if it needs an update.

R

kcaitch

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
If I do the reset, will she be able to bring all the apps back fairly easily? She is already frustrated with the phone and I don't want to add to it. I did check to make sure we were using the exact same version of software, which we are.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It should not be like that for sure. Same phones from the same carrier should be the "same". Your wife's phone is not set in Easy Mode is it? If not, I would go back to the Sprint store and get them to exchange her phone.

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It should not be like that for sure. Same phones from the same carrier should be the "same". Your wife's phone is not set in Easy Mode is it? If not, I would go back to the Sprint store and get them to exchange her phone.

Yep, I would check to make sure it is not on Easy Mode.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If I do the reset, will she be able to bring all the apps back fairly easily? She is already frustrated with the phone and I don't want to add to it. I did check to make sure we were using the exact same version of software, which we are.

Yes, all you need to do is load up the three tools and make a backup.

Kies will backup the phone,
Smartswitcher will move stuff from one phone to another (if both are in your hands)
SideSync will let you move stuff from the phone to your PC.

* 3 tools

kcaitch

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the long delay, but this was the issue (Easy Mode). No idea why she turned it on, but as soon as it was switched off, everything was good to go.

Huge thanks everyone! Off to explore some more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38